Not happy with gray Alcantra inserts?

Friendchicken

Has anyone taken their seats to a auto interior shop to re-colour their seats inserts? I was looking to see what aftermarket seats were out there, but there are not many better than the stockers unless you want the jet-fighter style.

I was thinking close to the same colour as the 04 charcoal/graphite...

stvdman

Established Member
Oh. I just keep hearing suede, or gray suede. Is alcantra better than real suede.

soniccobra 03

SONIC SLO POKE
Established Member
alcantra wears better than suede i believe...........i like the way it looks stock myself, but if you want to get it done go for it......enjoy.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yes, the Alcantra does wear better and is easier to clean. But I, too, wish I had the dark charcoal/graphite combo. I like my seats but the gray Alcantra inserts are a bit too light. I wouldn't, though, buy new seats just because of the color. That's just me, though. There are a number of folks on this forum that have installed new seats of various types.

coleman

Established Member
the alcantara inserts in the '03 are a bit on the light side, but after 20K miles they still look new :thumbsup:

the darker inserts on the '04s are too dark in my opinion.

that alcantara really keeps me planted in the seat during autoX & open track sessions :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread