Not happy after cai and tuner install

chad21000

Established Member
Do you have a tune for 93 octane or are you running 87? On auto cars you should feel a huge increase in power due to Ford having so much torque management in the stock tune. In stock form my auto felt really lazy, once I put a tune on it the car was a lot more responsive and I was impressed with how it drove after.

Several good tuners to pick from including AED, Lund, and Palm Beach Dyno to name a few.
I’m going to try datalogging and if I’m still not happy I will be getting a dyno tune and full exhaust. I will go FI but now just isn’t the time.

Any good tuners within a few hours of South Georgia?

gt347mustang

Established Member
I’m going to try datalogging and if I’m still not happy I will be getting a dyno tune and full exhaust. I will go FI but now just isn’t the time.

Quit wasting money. Save up to get a blower. All other mods besides forced induction won't make your car feel significantly faster.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member

I believe kurgan motorsports is in southern Georgia. Shop has a great reputation

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

spectreman

Established Member
When I installed my Steeda tune and CAI, the end result was about 25 RWHP and equivalent amount of torque, all verified on a Mustang dyno. My ‘14 was a manual and could definitely feel additional pickup although it was not mind blowing. It’s only a tune and cai after all. I’d challenge anyone to get more quality, safe power off those two options. Steeda is known for its conservative tunes so you don’t blow up your engine.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Injected Engineering!
Call Josh at the shop.

Stang Lover

Established Member
Steeda is pretty safe on their tunes. If you don't wanna pay for a dyno tune I would contact Lund AED or PBD. I have Lund and have no issues with them. Some local guys to me with Lund run pretty strong for what they have.

Last edited:

motoman620

Established Member
I went from stock to AED tuned and could definitely tell a difference, trans shifts better, raised shift points, no more annoying delay when using select shift and motor feels a lot stronger with zero drivability issues. Shaun at AED has these coyotes dialed. Seems like something is being left on the table with your tune you should easily feel a difference.

Gruca

Established Member
My old 2010 GT had cams, Kooks LTs, 3.73 gears, driveshaft, suspension, everything short of a heads and a blower. It would consistently run 14.0@98mph in the 1/4 with a Bama tune. I had DynoTuneMP, a local Chicagoland guy, dyno tune it and the car ran 12s immediately.

Canned tunes suck.

Stang Lover

Established Member
So did you switch tuners or you gonna wait until buy more parts?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread