Not happy after cai and tuner install

chad21000

Established Member
so I recently bought a tuner and cai for my new to me 2011 5.0 from a reputable company and spent the extra money on their cai also because I heard it was one of the better intakes. After the install of both I honesty couldn’t tell a single power difference. The car shifts much firmer but that’s all I noticed. I figured they would’ve raised my shift points etc etc. do I need to ask for stuff like that specifically? Thanks for the help in advanced

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
so I recently bought a tuner and cai for my new to me 2011 5.0 from a reputable company and spent the extra money on their cai also because I heard it was one of the better intakes. After the install of both I honesty couldn’t tell a single power difference. The car shifts much firmer but that’s all I noticed. I figured they would’ve raised my shift points etc etc. do I need to ask for stuff like that specifically? Thanks for the help in advanced
What was the tune for exactly? Was just for the cai or a specific tune?

chad21000

Established Member
What was the tune for exactly? Was just for the cai or a specific tune?
I bought the tuner and cai from steeda and everything I read said a tune and cai would would make a big difference in the a6 cars, but I’ve felt nothing besides firmer shifting.

chad21000

Established Member
If it's just a cai and the tune for that cai, as mentioned above, you're not going to notice much of a difference. Or at all even.
Guess my next mods should be long tubes and an x pipe? What other bolt ons should I get without changing my intake out for a cobra jet.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Guess my next mods should be long tubes and an x pipe? What other bolt ons should I get without changing my intake out for a cobra jet.
Definitely get the long tubes and x pipe if your state doesn't have emissions.

OneSlowV

Established Member
You should of felt a gain with cai and tune something don’t seem right to me .

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Zemedici

Established Member
I was thinking the exact same thing. I heard of people dropping 3-4 tenths from just a tune

FTFY.

A CAI is not good for gobs of power, nor is it good for 3-4 tenths. The improved times are from the Tune. If you got a Steeda tune, you got a generic off the shelf tune. A custom dyno tune will net you some actual results, but again, tuning a relatively stock vehicle will not net much gains.

Longtube Headers / Manifold Swap / Nitrous / Rear Gear / Blower will all net you much more.

Remember, speed costs money : How fast you wanna go?

Last edited:

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
was this a canned tune for the CAI? if so those are pretty shitty....FWIW I wouldn't piss away much more coin on an NA car.....go FI, buy once, cry once...
FTFY.
A CAI is not good for gobs of power, nor is it good for 3-4 tenths. The improved times are from the Tune. If you got a Steeda tune, you got a generic off the shelf tune. A custom dyno tune will net you some actual results, but again, tuning a relatively stock vehicle will not net much gains.
Longtube Headers / Manifold Swap / Nitrous / Rear Gear / Blower will all net you much more.
Remember, speed costs money : How fast you wanna go?
^^All of the above.
More than likely it was a canned tune. Not very good.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
yep, they really are just the bare minimum...I had one on a 09 500, CAI/SCT X3 package deal....I made 40+ RWTQ|RWHP with a dyno tune over the canned tune.
Yeah, there's no comparison.
Canned tunes are not worth the money. At all.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Do you have a tune for 93 octane or are you running 87? On auto cars you should feel a huge increase in power due to Ford having so much torque management in the stock tune. In stock form my auto felt really lazy, once I put a tune on it the car was a lot more responsive and I was impressed with how it drove after.

Several good tuners to pick from including AED, Lund, and Palm Beach Dyno to name a few.

Users who are viewing this thread