Not buying a Cobra

cobrastrike4

Established Member
I have made a decision :idea: , after looking at several 03/04 verts., taking into account the condition, miles, warranty remaining if any, prices etc.. I went to the bank today and loaned them my 32,000 and opened a 1 year CD at 5.05% :eek: :thumbsup:
maybe in a year I will reconsider :shrug:
I really like the new Dodge Challenger R/T with the hemi in it, make me one in a vert. and it's a done deal!
Auto show gets here next week looking forward to seeing it and the Shelby Cobra in person.
(go ahead I put my flame suit on :burn: )

CHINI

Do Work
Established Member
smart man! I wish i was as head strong as you! Instead i will go and buy and have no money!

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Next year it will be an '08 Shelby. This year it will be an '07 Shelby. There is no '06 shelby.

-Jeff

YGETV8

Established Member
cobrastrike4 said:
I have made a decision :idea: , after looking at several 03/04 verts., taking into account the condition, miles, warranty remaining if any, prices etc.. I went to the bank today and loaned them my 32,000 and opened a 1 year CD at 5.05% :eek: :thumbsup:
I really like the new Dodge Challenger R/T with the hemi in it, make me one in a vert. and it's a done deal!
Auto show gets here next week looking forward to seeing it and the Shelby Cobra in person.

Where you from? The auto show is coming here (Davenport) next weekend! Maybe I'll see ya there?!

RedfireSVT

Established Member
the new body style does nothing for me. the 03 04 cobra is awesome and i feel very lucky to own one. to each his own but you are missing out. money is made to be spent and i can't think of anything better to spend 32k on.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
cobrastrike4 said:
Thanks for sharing...... :shrug:

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
cobrastrike4 said:

You're going to be waiting a while for the Challenger. When's it coming out? Couple years? You could have bought a Cobra and resold it when the Challenger actually appears. Your choice. If you don't have love for the Cobra, we don't want you anyways. :poke:

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
that's why I'm glad I got my 03 Cobra as a dealer hold over.. was it new, yes.. was it cheaper than the 04's on the lot YES..

NHRACobra

Cobra guy
Established Member
cobrastrike4 said:
I really like the new Dodge Challenger R/T with the hemi in it, make me one in a vert. and it's a done deal! :uh oh:

If that's the case, leave your money in the bank. :rolling:

SCcobra4me

ON3 U LUZ
Established Member
cobrastrike4 said:

The challenger's are nice don't get me wrong, but if you don't have the passion for a Cobra, do us a favor and never get one. But when you get your Dodge, let me know, I'll be more than happy to show you what a real car sounds and performs like. :loser:

cobrastrike4

Established Member
I know who the F**K am I, I did this thread thinking maybe someone else was also having the same dilemma, the head tick is a big issue with the car, no warranty = no replacment. I would be looking at what 3G out of pocket to buy the revised heads and remove and replace em, all cars with the early designed heads will eventually get the tick it is a flaw in the design of the cooling passage at the rear of the head.
That is why I said maybe next year, meaning perhaps a low mileage car gets the tick now, heads replaced under warranty, puts it up for sale next year prices lower I may buy it, this does'nt mean I don't like the car.
I like this car it is fantastic bang for the buck a combination of straight line or track car Ford nailed it with the HP and IRS, right there with the Boss 302-429 when they came out and most likely will demand the same respect down the road as those cars do now, even sooner if the SVT division is no longer.
Just a thought, action, reason and an opinion from an auto enthusiast.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
You are very misinformed on the tick. There are thousands and thousands of these cars produced...and very few of them have developed the tick. Those that have are usually boosted and have been driven very hard on a high speed run, etc. To say they all will get the tick is just irresponsible and misguided. I would be surprised if 1% of the Cobras produced have had the tick. If you are really worried about it, spend $1500 on a new set of revised heads and don't worry about it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
cobrastrike4 said:
I think your plan is a wise one. You thought you wanted a Cobra and have decided instead that you'd rather wait and actually see the new GT-500 or consider the upcoming Hemi Challenger. Nothing wrong with that at all. You're much smarter taking a more cautious wait-and-see approach vs. throwing your money down on something you're not sure about. So I don't understand all of the attacks on your original post. I wish you the best of luck on your quest. Maybe the new GT-500 will hit your hot button. If not, we should all be thankful that the industry is offering us more than one choice. I'm even hoping the new Camaro will become a reality. I'm not crazy about the concept's design, but the real one is a long way off yet. Again, best of luck!

blackvenom77

killer cobra
Established Member
FireRed04Vert said:
You are very misinformed on the tick. There are thousands and thousands of these cars produced...and very few of them have developed the tick. Those that have are usually boosted and have been driven very hard on a high speed run, etc. To say they all will get the tick is just irresponsible and misguided. I would be surprised if 1% of the Cobras produced have had the tick. If you are really worried about it, spend $1500 on a new set of revised heads and don't worry about it.
So true, excellent post Red :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread