Not bad for 12 psi

97snakebite

Established Member
I ran 10psi on my stock 96 long block and it was on borrowed time. You prob saw my car there. Its getting a new motor! Anyhoot, mine put down 479 on ten psi through an aftercooler. Dont remember which pulley was on there but good numbers!! Take my advice, start saving for the shortblock!

the saving has begun lmao im going to be dropping to a 3.90 just till i can build the motor..500whp is great dont get me wrong but blowing a motor on the other hand:burnout:

so thats your engine in the back room looking all pretty:rockon:

also what fuel hat are u using?? i see u are using dual 255s... they just finished a vortech w/aftercooler about 1.5 months ago and he made over 600whp but he had a aeromotive sump system

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
^ trust me when I say it's a horrible feeling when it goes.. You get sick to your stomach.. Then ofcoarse calling AED or your engine builder for a quote. futher makes you ill. I've done it twice.. it's horrible.

SVTPete83

Established Member
Ya. I knew it was coming for me do when it finally happened i was excited. I had never blown up an engine and did it less than a mile from home. Congratz on some great numbers though. Gotta love that Tq curve. Mine was not close to that good

97snakebite

Established Member
Ya. I knew it was coming for me do when it finally happened i was excited. I had never blown up an engine and did it less than a mile from home. Congratz on some great numbers though. Gotta love that Tq curve. Mine was not close to that good

thanks man good luck on the build...what are you going with?

corysmach1

Established Member
Im in the same boat here but im getting ready to go e85....hope it lasts the summer. Ill never forget the day my mach 1 blew up.....it was terrible.

SVTPete83

Established Member
the saving has begun lmao im going to be dropping to a 3.90 just till i can build the motor..500whp is great dont get me wrong but blowing a motor on the other hand:burnout:

also what fuel hat are u using?? i see u are using dual 255s... they just finished a vortech w/aftercooler about 1.5 months ago and he made over 600whp but he had a aeromotive sump system

I was only running one walbro 255. I am thinking a BAP or another inline 255 for the motor when it's done. We are turning up the boost to 17-18 pounds.

SVTPete83

Established Member
thanks man good luck on the build...what are you going with?

Aed signature series short block. Bored it .10 over and used a stroker crank. Diamond pistons and 8.5 cr. B heads and ported intake. Hopefully she will be a runner. Doing a twin disk McLeod while it's out too. I am hoping for something close to 600 at the wheels. Fingers are crossed!

Last edited:

corysmach1

Established Member
Aed signature series short block. Bored it .10 over and used a stroker crank. Diamond pistons and 8.5 cr. B heads and ported intake. Hopefully she will be a runner. Doing a twin disk McLeod while it's out too. I am hoping for something close to 600 at the wheels. Fingers are crossed!

Sounds like a good setup....im just doing 10:1 comp with forged rods and pistons of course....big cams....sri intake....12 ps....with e85

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member

That's my car you're talking about.. There are a lot of factors that play into how my HP was made though..
1. I have a T-trim blower, it's bigger then the P1
2. I have a big bore motor
3. My heads are 04 Cobra heads
4. I'm running more boost than most would on 91 octane.

SVTPete: did Shaun say to try to pulley your car for 18psi on 91 octane??

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member

corysmach1

Established Member
That's my car you're talking about.. There are a lot of factors that play into how my HP was made though..
1. I have a T-trim blower, it's bigger then the P1
2. I have a big bore motor
3. My heads are 04 Cobra heads
4. I'm running more boost than most would on 91 octane.

SVTPete: did Shaun say to try to pulley your car for 18psi on 91 octane??

Your car did make good power for that octane.....

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Yea it made great power on 91 octane.. But here's the issue with 91 and the boost I'm running with even a mear 18 degrees of timing. I let the tank sit of Chevron 91 for less than a month and the tank went bad. It was a very sick feeling when I got it here to AL and I jumped on it and the knock sensors killed power due to knock.. Drained the gas filled it up with 93 and it was back to being a monster again. I run around on my 91 tune (18 degrees of timing) with 93 octane just to be super safe right now.. I can bump it to my 20 degree tune and make more power but it's not needed unless I'm racing imo.. And even then when I race people I usually have a couple gals of 100 in it to be extra safe.. But personally 30 bucks in 100octane is alot cheaper than 8k for a new motor haha..

Last edited:

SVTPete83

Established Member
@snakebite. Sounds like a good setup. I wish I could go with some meaty cams. California sucks!

@saleencobra- Shaun said he wanted to spin my blower to the moon! Keep in my 17 psi on my setup will be a lot less air than yours as I am running stock exhaust. If I have to mix it with 100 no big deal though. I wouldn't mind. As for the fuel. I didn't realize I could get a setup like that. Thought I had to go full tank setup or nothing. I am definitely gonna need some good recommendations for keeping my motor fed. I don't want to be limited by fuel come dyno time. But I don't want to spend 1200 on a full glens setup either. Glad you got your car back home. Also glad I got to see it run first hand before it left Cali!!

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I didn't have that option for the pick up tube as I had a bastard tank.. So I went sumped.. I see what your saying as far as boost is concerned.. I forget what size blower you have and that you're on stock exhaust. my recommendation for fuel is the pick up tube, an A1000 pump or equivelent with pre and post filters and some pushlock fuel line or maybe even run the stock lines if you can get away with it. :beer:

SVTPete83

Established Member
Awesome!! That will be a bit cheaper than doing the whole Glenn's tank. I am gonna see drew tomorrow so will hit him up to see if he would want to go that route instead. I def think it will be the way to go!

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Yea definatley. I wouldn't be suprised if Drew is against it to be honest though. He's a more balls to the wall out, do it once do it right type of guy like me lol. It's a great alternative though for fuel supply.. :beer:

SVTPete83

Established Member
Talked to drew today. He told me to find a 40amp BAP and roll with it. He said if its not enough I can sell it easily and upgrade to the tank that's going in his wife's car. It looked sick. And it used an internal pump. It was 1300 and enough to support 1k hp. I can't remember the name of the company but I have heard of them before. So I guess I will try a BAP. I have a feeling I will be selling it lol. But who knows?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Talked to drew today. He told me to find a 40amp BAP and roll with it. He said if its not enough I can sell it easily and upgrade to the tank that's going in his wife's car. It looked sick. And it used an internal pump. It was 1300 and enough to support 1k hp. I can't remember the name of the company but I have heard of them before. So I guess I will try a BAP. I have a feeling I will be selling it lol. But who knows?

Behind bars racing iirc. lol cool man sounds good :beer:

i ran out at 500 with just a single 255

But you ran out of fuel at like 5500 rpm not 7k.. and it was probably at 100% duty cycle so no room for error. I can only speak on my setup and I ran out of fuel like I said around 575.. Whether or not it was at 100% duty cycle or at a duty cycle that Shaun didn't feel comfortable with I'm not sure on.

SVTPete83

Established Member
Ya that's it. How loud is your external pump? If I do decide to put a pickup tube in it I dont wanna here my pump before I can hear the engine lol.

Users who are viewing this thread