Not an SVT...but still a fun project I hope

mustang addict

Established Member
My wife has been jonesing for a 47-54 Chevy 3100. So I've been keeping my eyes peeled. But while looking for that truck I stumbled upon one of those craigslist ads that seemed too good to be true. Price was too good. Condition was too good. So I overlooked it. About a week later I found the same ad again and decided to call. I went and looked, turns out it was legit. The guy bought it for a family member who just wasn't into it and he decided to dump it. I crawled all over it and bought it on the spot. I fell in love immediately with the little truck. 1972 C-10 SWB...

IMG_9789_zpsh6xtz94z.jpg

IMG_9790_zpsb3tknjp7.jpg

IMG_9794_zpsdzq9yrq4.jpg

IMG_9792_zpsfp5ifiir.jpg

Truck was originally a 6 cylinder, now has a crate 350 in it with a TH350 trans. It's as clean as the pics show, certainly cleaner than anything I've looked at in my searches for a 3100. All new suspension, paint is recent and very nice but not absolutely perfect. Interior has new seat, carpet, dash pad, door panels and original gauges and knobs.

It did have some paint issues in the door jambs that drove my OCD crazy so it's at my paint guy getting those touched up. I have drop spindles and Hotchkis springs sitting here waiting on it but I think I've decided to go with a Wide Ride cross member and coil overs front and rear to get the ride height I like. Ordered some Eagle 227's in grey for it and a TMI houndstooth split bucket to spruce up the interior. And of course...the bed rails and front bumper guards didn't make it into my driveway before they were removed. LOL

Never been much of a chevy truck guy but I certainly appreciate 'em. After all, this will be the 72's stable mate (Jay liked it so it has to be cool right?):

Jay%20Leno%20with%20Syclone_zpsx0chmnjv.jpg

scottL

Established Member
Clean find. Love 67-72 C-10's! Always wanted to build a pro-touring version of one myself. Is that a Dukes of Hazzard or maybe La Cucaracha horn I spy?

mnewxcv

Established Member
does jay leno shower and sleep in those clothes? outside of his tv show I've never seen him wear anything else.

Blue Blitz

Established Member
Awesome looking truck. Like that front end the most of the 67-72 era C10s.

Syclone looks sick too!

William

Users who are viewing this thread