Northern lights

Blackgeetee

Established Member
Did anyone else see these tonight? This was the first time I've ever seen them, they were pretty damn impressive. Almost spooky. I guess it was the most intense display in a long time. :rockon:

03DOHC

Established Member
I saw the aurora only once. It was amazing.

There was supposed to have been a CME from the sun a few days ago which is just now hitting earth.

Here's a plot.

pmapN.gif

Big Vito

tactician
Established Member
you're thinking of northern exposure
Originally posted by bassin247
I thought it was only visable from Alaska or am I thinking of something else?

Tang

SLITHR 2
Established Member
Wish I would've known that I could've seen them here. I would've been out taking pics rather than watching TV :bash:

Friend of mine took these last night. This is what they were seeing in Racine, WI

Northern Lights

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by Tang
Wish I would've known that I could've seen them here. I would've been out taking pics rather than watching TV :bash:

Friend of mine took these last night. This is what they were seeing in Racine, WI

Northern Lights
That was a reflection from the neon lights under his car. LOL

Cool pics but the neons have to go.

Big Vito

tactician
Established Member
when do these lights hapen?
Originally posted by Tang

Northern Lights

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
I see stuff like that a lot, but it is usually at sunset when the sun tries to break its way through the polluted skies of Houston.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
I see them every so often here, first time I saw it, the light was brown, I thought it was a giant shit cloud, run for your lives!!!(kingpin for those of you who don't know) but last night it would be red, and slightly green. Pretty wild. I was gonna snag some pics buy had no batteries for the digi cam.

03DOHC

Established Member
Even Sacramento Cali.

Eiers1.jpg

I can't wait to see it again. It was awesome. I've never seen it in cali only once when I was in Labrador, Newfoundland.

SALEEN039

Established Member
I was on a flight from Florida to Atlanta Sun. night and the pilot said they were visible, I didnt see them.....Wish I could have.

superlftman

The Answer is..
Established Member
Up here in Minnesota got to see a little bit of it, first time i have ever seen anything like it. Wish i had a digital camera to capture it.

Users who are viewing this thread