Noob in nebraska

smanderson6571

Established Member
So my name is sam, im 21 and in central nebraska. ive been lurking in the shadows around here for about a year or so after a buddy introduced me to the forum, ive grown up around all kinds of cars as my dad has owned and operated one of the larger body shops/car lots in the area. Growing up i remember all the cars dad bought and sold and he always had a large number of cars that he kept for himself that weren't up for sale and when i say large number i mean large. 66 chevele built, 72 chevelle ss clone, stock 72chevy c10 swb and also a built one. A 4wd swb 71 lifted on 35s and a restored 4wd on 33s factory big block cst with air, ps and pb. 64 riviera, 56 ford ranch wagon, and many many more..growing up we had a building with between 45-60 toys in it at all times, all at different stages of being done. Through all his years he always had a thing for stangs though..along many others in the group of cars his mustangs always had a special spot. He has a restored 66 coupe, 69 mach 1 clone, black fox gt driver, low mileage fox gt, new edge bab gt built, yellow new edge gt, 17000 mile 07 gt and a black 06 gt to build next. Now dont take the wrong idea from this, im not spoiled by any means. I started working summers at my dads shop doing what i could when i was in 4th/5th grade, striving to learn as much as i could. When i turned 14 i was told to find something that i could afford with what i had been saving, well..i fell for a 64man falcon 4 door dragged into the junkyard. Found out it had about 15000 on a rebuilt 170 straight 6 painted black with red steel wheels and drove it for about 4 years ive went through a couple cars since then and am 21 now. About a year ago i came across a 79 notch that a kid had for sale, he had bought it from a guy that just went through the motor and did a rebuild with an rv cam and intake, five lug swap, 3.73s. He drove it about 15,000 -20,000 and at that point he had ended up in nebraska. Tore the motor out to build a stroker and then couldnt afford a stroker kit. I ended up with the car and everything out of it for $400. The body and underside is rust free. Had been a white 4cyl notch painted black and v8'd at some point. I had planned to upgrade the motor while it was tore out and apart but ended up coming across a parts car for 1500. It is a 91 notch with 500 miles on a tfs stage 2 cam, ported polished heads, air gap intake, aluminum radiator, electric fan. And 50 miles on a t5 rebuild with a king cobra clutch and adjustable clutch quadrant. At some point it had been upgraded to 4.10s with a mechanical locker, upgraded electric fuel pump. Its got draglits with 275 bfg drag radials on the rear. The front was cheap tires but one wheel amd tire up front was ruined in the accident. I plan on switching the drivetrain all over to my coupe and then redo the outside. Im currently prepping the 79 engine bay for paint. I have met a couple of people on here and look forward to meeting some more of you! I currently manage my dads shop and also work in the shop doing body/ frame work. I am trying to learn what i can as far as mechanical and suspension as my dad was never into that aspect as much as body. So i may have some stupid questions at times lol but would love to meet some guys on here and hopefully can give some helpful hints on things as well!

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Welcome to SVTPerformance. That was a long intro. But mow we know a lot about you now. Thanks your taking the time to introduce yourself. You surely have a love for muscle cars at an early age. I hope you continue to enjoy these forums, and your Mustang Notch.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
No need to apologize. Well, maybe break it down to 2-3 paragraphs. LOL! But seriously, it was nice to read a more lengthy intro. Most are very short and don't tell us near enough about the person. :)

Users who are viewing this thread