NOOB from Utah

taco7

Established Member
Hello everyone. While I have been lurking here for a couple of months, I wanted to wait until I purchased my "dream car" before I introduced myself. I have wanted a Shelby mustang since I was a youngster, and drove one at the LVMS, Richard Petty driving experience. I want to say thanks because this forum allowed me to research exactly what car I wanted and hooked me up with the buyer (in the classifieds). The car was in Seattle and the purchase was perfect and easy, thanks to the seller, and Intercity Van Lines.

I purchased a 2013 GT500, in metallic red (I can't remember the exact name of the color). It has 2500 miles, recaros, PP, and has some nice mods like a 13-5 kit, H-pipe, bobs oil extractor, rear suspension, etc. I am dying to drive it more than just around the block. The weather here in northern Utah has allowed some dry days but I'm afraid of the cold temps/tire issues. It does have new Mickey Thompson tires but I'm not sure what the reviews are on these in the cold.

I'm going to take some HP driving schools this year, and just enjoy the beast on weekend road trips. I understand I need some experience getting used to this type of crazy power!!! Can you believe american manufacturers still build muscle cars? Way to go SVT! Eventually I would like to do the Silver State Challenge and other road events.

Thanks for all of the quality info on this forum. The wealth of knowledge here is ridiculous. I wish I was as talented as most of the owners/mechanics on this forum.

Attached are some pics that the previous owner took. The weather has prevented me from taking any quality pics. And obviously I am not very computer literate because I cannot figure out to upload a decent pic.

Brian
oid6pk.jpg

1fx1nd.jpg

359k16w.jpg

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations on buying your LOW mileage '13 GT-500. The color, by the way, looks to be Race Red. Your signature photo is a bit small. :)

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations on buying your LOW mileage '13 GT-500. The color, by the way, looks to be Race Red. Your signature photo is a bit small. :)

Put your glasses on, Bob.

It's either Red Candy or Ruby Red...I can't remember which was which (2013/14).

Congratulations on the car and welcome to the forum. The one simple rule is: you MUST start a thread and post lots of pictures, failure to do so results in an immediate ban plus revocation of your man-card.

Moose04

Established Member
Nice car with low miles. I've always liked the 13-14 Gt500. It's always been on my bucket list of cars to own.

taco7

Established Member
If anyone from SLC area is looking for a partner to do a driving class, or even fast road trip exploring the state let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread