Noob Considering S197 GT, would like general info and opinions

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
I would have picked a GT/CS myself...I love the look of those..almost got one..then found the mach.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Bens4vcobra said:
that might be a little over my head (sorry if you werent directing this to me), my cobra was n/a. since the terms do have the 6th gear, i would think it wouldnt be that bad, however, i had 4.10's in my 6 speed LT1 and first gear was pretty much useless so i know in a car that puts out as much as your Cobra, it might be the same deal, but again i've never owned a FI mustang so its over my head.

on a side note, i've driven a handful of terminators and they have great low end torque stock, so i dont see where they would need as much gear as a n/a mod motor.

Thanks for the 411.... I loved the the stock gears in the Termy. With 475 they were plenty sufficient. But then again I've heard that a geared Termy is a whole different animal.

Bens4vcobra

On hallowed ground
Established Member
ponygt65 said:
I would have picked a GT/CS myself...I love the look of those..almost got one..then found the mach.

i agree. i tried to keep my eye out for one but with it being the end of the current model year, there were none to be had in my area. mine is loaded though, so i am content... for now.

and BTW i LOVE machs!

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Bens4vcobra said:
3. mustang interiors suck, generally speaking, how much improved are the ones on these cars?
I happen to think that the new interior is the best one in any Mustang (and I've owned 14). It has more room and is more comfortable than the older Mustangs (I'm 6' 2" /190). The shifter is better than the older cars.

5. any other opinions or comments i would greatly appreciate
I agree with the earlier comment that the car has the best stock handling package of any Mustang. The chassis is stiffer. The coilover suspension is superior, the roll center is superior, and the front-to-rear weight distribution is superior.

Obviously, the red ones are the fastest: :-D

07GTa.jpg

NOTASTOCKDOHC

Established Member
I think I am about to take the plunge too. I have a 96 vortech s/c cobra making 402hp 390tq, but I am tired of fixing the thing. i want something new and untouched, 0 miles. I want a 07 blue 5-speed, leather gt. I hope they are impressive off the show room floor, i heard alot of good things, like how the tq curve is distributed better, and how it can run with n/a 4-v cars. My cobra ran a 13.6 stock, can a 05 stock run around that time. I plan to put a roush s/c on it so i can keep the warranty and have 400hp.

Bens4vcobra

On hallowed ground
Established Member
1995COBRA-R said:
I happen to think that the new interior is the best one in any Mustang (and I've owned 14). It has more room and is more comfortable than the older Mustangs (I'm 6' 2" /190). The shifter is better than the older cars.

I agree with the earlier comment that the car has the best stock handling package of any Mustang. The chassis is stiffer. The coilover suspension is superior, the roll center is superior, and the front-to-rear weight distribution is superior.

Obviously, the red ones are the fastest: :-D

07GTa.jpg

the interior in previous mustangs is nothing to ride home about but compared to fbodies and vettes it holds its own. the new stuff is great though, very confortable, ergonomic and solid. ford really built these cars right.

Users who are viewing this thread