Non SVT Content: BMW 328i Wagon Project

heavenly

Established Member
Thanks guys for all the comments. I'm not going to lie, this build has been crazy from the start. Mainly with errors in shipping and planning 2 steps ahead but not 3. The biggest factor being the deadline. I received finally a set of headlights that I ordered from Cali almost three weeks ago. When I opened the box this is what I found.

08h3.jpg

01c6.jpg

b593.jpg

73q9.jpg

The ring came off in transit and given my deadline I contacted the company I purchased the aftermarket lights from. They actually were pretty cool about the whole thing and one of their reps was on the phone with me the entire time I was completing the process. After about 45 minutes we were able to attach the ring in place, make sure it would not fall off again, and seal them back up. I was bit nervous as the lights were not cheap. Will post pics of them installed but I was happy I was able to do this myself and not have to risk the shipping and handling damage again. Damaged light before was because of shipping which pushed my deadline back:/

Last edited:

heavenly

Established Member
sgxq.jpg

yce2.jpg

84uw.jpg

Took the roof rack rails off. Leaves three holes on each side of the roof. Want to plug them and apparently BMW has some. Going to look into or possibly make a trip to Lowes depending on the price.

r6ip.jpg

Detailed the engine bay with 303 Aerospace

bd13.jpg

Going to apply this on Thursday. Love this stuff!!

Last edited:

02Toner

Established Member
Because of you I am now stuck on craigslist looking at BMW wagons… dang that thing looks great! What's the reliability like on these things?

heavenly

Established Member
Because of you I am now stuck on craigslist looking at BMW wagons… dang that thing looks great! What's the reliability like on these things?

Great. The older wagon in the pic has 300k on the clock. Oil changes and spark plugs. We replaced a lot of things that could cause problems in the future. Thanks for the compliment!!

Teal Terminator

Established Member
I saw your car at Cars and Coffee over the weekend. I didn't realize you were local. But I told a buddy I was with that I swore I just saw that car or one just like it on SVTP... then I came back in here to see where you were located. Sure enough, same car. Looks great, good job.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Great f'ing job! I love that you painted the M colors on the front grill. Possibly my favorite touch of the entire vehicle.

heavenly

Established Member
I saw your car at Cars and Coffee over the weekend. I didn't realize you were local. But I told a buddy I was with that I swore I just saw that car or one just like it on SVTP... then I came back in here to see where you were located. Sure enough, same car. Looks great, good job.

Thanks. Yep, I was there. Was my first time at C&C since moving down here from Columbus, Ohio several years ago. I had a lot of fun. My dad really enjoyed it and like the fact people were looking at his new ride. Hope to see you out there in the future.

heavenly

Established Member
Looks amazing! Gotta love wagons, but god damn that license plate placement makes me shiver.

LOL. I agree. But my dad lives in Ohio which is a two plate state and we have to run one. The reason we placed it there is due to that's where the tow hitch is. It screws on to the tow hitch so you do not have to drill into a nice new bumper. You can remove in less than 5 minutes. But I hate running a front plate!!

Great f'ing job! I love that you painted the M colors on the front grill. Possibly my favorite touch of the entire vehicle.

Mine too!

heavenly

Established Member
My dad just got back to Columbus, Ohio and stated that the car handled better than his previous 2012 Z4. Pics of the work we did on it:
Before:

9y79.jpg

After:

qxf6.jpg

8pl2.jpg

Really awesome to hear that the KW Comfort Coils are performing and providing a smooth ride!! Well worth the $.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread