Non-Raspy Catback That Does Not Pop on Decel

Tractionless1

Established Member
I had my exhaust shop add a ~6" cross-pipe behind the "X" on the x-pipe assembly effectively making it an "X-H" pipe. The eliminated the raspiness under accelereation considerably if not entirely.

JDM long tubes
off-road X-H pipe
Magnaflow Catback

GtownMACH

smoke tires, not drugs
Established Member
with 4V's, youre always going to have a little snap crackel pop no matter what you do. But headers, either midlength or full length, really help get rid of some of that "this car has no balls" sound. Just be sure to pair them up to the right mid and catback. If you want to go the simple and easy route, go for either a maggie catback or a flowmaster catback. Both sound decent w/ stock H. Way too quiet for me, and most else, but hey, youre probably old and have bad hearing already. If you want to go the better route, go jba midlengths w/ jba o/r H, and spintech sportsmans or if you can get lucky to find some, a pair of ORIGINAL 40 flows. NOT DELTA. That is the way its done. Also, you wont believe it until you it, but a dr. gas o/r X with some flows or mac is the sweetest sound ever and pretty smooth like you want. Loud as piss though.

Users who are viewing this thread