Non-Raspy Catback That Does Not Pop on Decel

JERK!

Banned
What would be the best catback that isnt raspy and does not pop on decel. This would be with otherwise stock exhaust. I'm thinking the Magnaflow, but I'm unsure. I have the SLP catback on there now and well, I cant wait to get rid of it. Thanks for the input!

04HarleyF250

Fun in the Sun
Established Member
My JBA was a really nice sound, louder than stock, but not by much with the stock H-pipe. The bassani X really "ruined" it in that sense, picked up everything you dont want. Corsa dB, that have since been welded in, are quite raspy at WOT, but all sound cuts completely out cruising (and its a vert).

lloyyd

Cobra-less again
Established Member
I have a Magnaflow. It's pretty quiet with the stock midpipe but it really woke up with an MRT catted H. I love mine. Fitment is the best I've seen too.

JERK!

Banned
I'm thinking Magnaflow is probably the best option for me. I dont want it too loud being a daily driver in So Cal. Thanks guys....

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
I got MagnaFlows Hi Perf catted X with MagnaFlows cat back and it sounds great. Not loud until you get on it, but it does POP!!! I think that all Cobra's do, yhou might have to with it!!!

SlowImport

Established Member
I have been told by many that if you want to stay away from the raspy or poppyness that Cobras can get is to stay with a H pipe of some sort. I had a stock manifolds, UPR off road X-pipe, and Magnaflow Catback and it would pop some and get a little raspy every now and then. I should have my car back next week with its new setup(MAC LT's, off road H-pipe, magnaflow Catback) and will let you know how it sounds.

ill keep ya posted,
Josh

*P*Grass

i need to get 600+ on 20$
Established Member
im going out on a limb but ive herd on other posts that the poping on decel was due to the stock tune??

divided

Established Member
I have magnaflows with stock midpipe, and it only pops when i downshift going pretty fast. Otherwise normal braking it doesnt pop at all. But itll pop if you rev high in gear without shifting.

The popping can actually be virtually eliminated in the tune. My tuner practically eliminated that popping from my Bassani CB. I only hear it on decel when going from 6200rpms to about 5800rpms. The CB sounds so much better without the popping.

JERK!

Banned
I cant stand poping at any speed in any gear. Sounds so cheap to me, anyways I have also been tossing around the idea of getting a custom CB made with Hooker Aero Chamber mufflers. I have them on my 69 Cougar and I absolutley love them. Would be nice to be different on the Cobra too....oh the choices! :cryying:

nighthawk756

Who? Me??
Established Member
Check out my Borla 14858 review HERE

Yep, I went with the Steeda cat back on mine which is the same as the Borla 14858. Borla makes it for Steeda and puts Steedas name on it.

It's also about $300 dollars cheaper than the actual Borla with the only difference being the tips are the regular slash cut and not rolled. And it has Steeda on it instead of Borla of course.

I love this CB. It's not at all raspy and I have to listen VERY hard to hear even the slightest pop on decel. It's almost non-existant. And I just added the catted MRT H pipe and it woke the CB up a little but it's still the same with liitle to no pop at all and sounds awesome. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread