Noahs Ark...

His Grace

Genesis 1:31
Established Member
Claims it has been found now....

Noah’s Ark found, researchers claim - thestar.com

Cathal Kelly
Staff Reporter

A group of Christian researchers claimed on Tuesday they have found the remains of Noah’s Ark, located four kilometres up the side of Turkey’s Mt. Ararat.

The famed mount is the biblical docking point of the vessel, which carried Noah, his family and representatives of all the world’s animals safely while God flooded the Earth. In the Book of Genesis, the ark is said to have come to rest in the “mountains of Ararat.”

Explorers, adventurers and mystics have sought the ark for centuries, poring over the mountain range which straddles the Turkish border with Armenia.

Now a group called Noah’s Ark Ministries International says they’ve found the ship’s wreckage.

“It's not 100 per cent that it is Noah's Ark, but we think it is 99.9 per cent that this is it,” researcher Yeung Wing-Cheung told Agence-France Presse.

The researchers and a film crew have apparently uncovered wooden beams and compartments they say housed the animals. Carbon dating has proven the structure to be 4,800 years old, Yeung said, which gibes with the literal biblical timeline of the flood. He also says the group has ruled out a human settlement at the dig site.

The group is said to have asked Turkish officials to apply to UNESCO so that the excavation can be granted world heritage status while it is explored.

Many explorers have sought the ark. Several have claimed to discover it. None of these claims has been proved out.

;-)

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
"representative of all the world's animals"

his grace, the sheer number of species known to us even now makes the noah's ark story an almost impossible task, even with today's technology. c'mon man

Ironhand

Banned
There was a special on TV along time ago that said that they found it. They got a picture of a mountain side and a large open man-made structure.. They started to look because stories were handed down over the generations from an elder gentlemen and his son that actually went up the mountain, or so the story goes.

It would be cool if they actually found it. But it would change alot of things if animals were never on board and Noah just built the ARK and it simple got left there..

This can go so many ways for the community. Should be interesting none the less!!

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
The top of mount Ararat is less than 13,000 feet. So if they docked there at the high water mark, there would be hundreds if not thousands of places where people and/or animals could have survived that would be above the water line.

In fact, I have one less than 20 miles from my house.

R1der

SVT Vet
Established Member
The top of mount Ararat is less than 13,000 feet. So if they docked there at the high water mark, there would be hundreds if not thousands of places where people and/or animals could have survived that would be above the water line.

I think it is on Mt. Everest but Mt. Arat was prob bigger then lol JK

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
Mt. Ararat has been a place of interest for people searching for the ark for a while now, I remember reading about it when I was 9 or 10. Im 26 now.

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member

:poke:

You make no sense.

When water levels begin to lower, the ark would have "docked" at the highest point in the area of the world that it was. Had it been near mt. everest, it would have docked there.

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
Hmm. That's a pretty lax article for what could possibly be one of the greatest discoveries in man-kind. There isn't anything on CNN, etc. We shall see...

Last edited:

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Hmm. That's a pretty lax article for what could possibly be one of the greatest discoveries in man-kind. There isn't anything on CNN, etc. We shall see...

This was my feeling as well. This would be a monumental discovery yet the article is SO vague and nothing but "claims". Maybe they have "faith" that they found it?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I will withhold judgment pending further evidence of the actual find.

Jefe

Established Member
hmm interesting. pics would be cool

Noah's Ark 'discovered' 4,800 years on... 4,000m up a mountain in Turkey | Mail Online
arkbeam1.jpg

arkPress.jpg

article-1269165-09520B04000005DC-609_634x423.jpg

article-1269165-09520A8B000005DC-75_634x399.jpg

article-1269165-0953E5A2000005DC-473_634x428.jpg

article-1269165-09520A63000005DC-772_634x356.jpg

txyaloo

Established Member
I think it's interesting that the article mentions radio carbon dating since most people that believe in the ark mythology do not believe in radio carbon dating.

01svtL

Established Member
Yea well most religious people are hypocrits. Makes sense to me...

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
I think it's interesting that the article mentions radio carbon dating since most people that believe in the ark mythology do not believe in radio carbon dating.

That's what I was thinking as well. I remember quite a few religious folks here calling BS on carbon dating when there was a thread on something that was found, proving the earth existed long before what the bible stated. I'm sure this isn't just a SVTP opinion either.

Users who are viewing this thread