No Speeding

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
It's coming.

The EU will allow it to be disabled before each trip, for now and if the automaker allows you to.

Speed brakes in all new cars: ISA driving assistant mandatory from summer
2/7/2024
Speed assistant ISA will be mandatory in July: How does the system work?
The system will be mandatory in all new cars in the European Union (EU) from July 7, 2024.
It warns the driver of excessive speed and is intended to ensure greater safety on the road.
Unlike some driving aids, the ISA cannot be switched off permanently.
The assistant has been mandatory for newer vehicle types since July 2022.
From July, a black box will also be mandatory in all new cars.
If the car detects a speed limit, the ISA adjusts the speed.

Thanks to traffic sign recognition via camera or GPS positioning (including comparison with current maps),
the ISA always knows what speed is currently permitted.
Together with the cruise control and speed limiter, the driving assistant can adjust the speed.
Speed assistant reduces speed: driver can overrule it
If the vehicle is too fast, ISA reduces engine power and gently brakes it until the permitted speed is reached.

NY

Senate Bill S7621

119-c. Intelligent speed assistance device. A device, also referred
to as a "speed limiter", which is installed in a motor vehicle and
utilizes technology to cap the speed of a motor vehicle at five miles
per hour more than the speed limit in a specific zone. The technology
shall allow for slight acceleration past the speed limit, if necessary,
based on traffic conditions.
NY State Senate Bill 2023-S7621
https://legislation.nysenate.gov/pdf/bills/2023/S7621
If you live in NY and you get points than you best call your representative.
If you still want to drive faster, you can do so by stepping on the gas or deactivating the system in the settings before each trip.
https://newsrnd.com/tech/2024-02-08-...JMUpH0Wjp.html

Cally 2024 session.

The measure, Senate Bill 961, would require every passenger vehicle, truck and bus manufactured or sold in California to have speed governors starting in 2027. The devices would use GPS technology or cameras to verify the speed limit in a particular area and slow a speeding vehicle down if it approaches 10 mph over the limit.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
On my trucks at work it beeps at them if they speed

Auto
Braking is nuts

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
That or trying to flee from a potential murderer or road rager. I see a lot of law suits in the future here that could potentially bankrupt a lot of companies.
I hope it happens. A lot of these insane ideas just need to be implemented so this very thing happens. Too many ideologs making these decisions who don't live in reality.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
That or trying to flee from a potential murderer or road rager. I see a lot of law suits in the future here that could potentially bankrupt a lot of companies.

Yep, I can see this especially in a domestic dispute where a woman is killed because her BF or Husband raged and she couldn't get away because her residence was in a 25MPH or 35MPH zone.

I swear, how did all the dumb F^(k$ get in charge and come up with all these stupid laws?

Next thing you know they will have sensors to detect alcohol in the air and not let your vehicle start at all. When it's your passengers who are drunk and not you LMAO!!!

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
They'll never sell another car to this asshole. Infact, if they start implementing this commie bs I'll sell all of them, for whatever a car is worth at that point, and never pay another cent in registration taxes, insurance or fuel.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
You want traffic jams, and more pollution? This is a great way to do it.
If they do they need to put it on the cop cars and the politicians' vehicles too... if it's speeding that's the problem it has to be everyone, one vehicle at another speed would break the purpose.

But this would ultimately just end up in more traffic tie ups, and sadly people ending up in huge pile ups like "big one's" on NASCAR restrictor plate races.
It's just like when big carriers like Walmart set the governor on their trucks to 65 or 62mph and they can't pass each other in a 75, or they need to hold that speed to get over a mountain pass and have to push the truck and use built momentum to get by, if they brake too hard to stay in their lane they simply cant make it and will need towed over. So the younger drivers especially can be rather reclass trying to fight for every inch.

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
My RS6 has cameras, etc. to detect speed limit signs. Does not work 100%. It especially misses the variable speed limit signs. I would 100% spray paint over the camera and disable GPS. My 1969 and 1987 vehicles will get a lot more miles on them.

ur bittn

By the snake
Established Member
They'll never sell another car to this asshole. Infact, if they start implementing this commie bs I'll sell all of them, for whatever a car is worth at that point, and never pay another cent in registration taxes, insurance or fuel.
You’d be Rich! Lol

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
There's talk of electronic "smart plates". They will have GPS and a data connection. It will solve the problem of older cars not having these speed limiters. If you speed, you will be issued a ticket through your license plate.

Users who are viewing this thread