no respect at the track

2kmelat

Established Member
went to a little 1/8 mile track with my friends. I guess its there home track. u dont even get your mph on the slip. (halloween shoot out). so i got there late and only got two runs in before the racing started. anything below a 7.39 is pro class. so i went and got in line with all the PROS and a drew a 8. so i had to go and put my dial in and i put a 7.00. up there u are not allowed to change it. so i went and got my car, they started to line us up. i got next to a 69 ss. i guess he is a one of the best guys up there. he got out of his car and started talking with his buddys. after a while one of them came over and ask me if i belonged in this class. i said why because u have a full out race car and mine is a street car. he and his friends just laughed. well we get up there and guess what the street car won. well the next run i messed up and lost but no one up there thought that my shelby could get into the 6s. I love it when i can beat a ear bleading nos having car, it just feels good.

Last edited:

blown65

Established Member
gj, I love those type of runs. My 65 runs 6.50's at 105-107 in the 1/8 (10.20's@131 1/4) with my little 26x10 slicks and leaf spring suspension. Lots of fun beating the back-halved cars with 15" wide slicks. Never really understood the whole cut the back of the car up and run 10's.

2kmelat

Established Member
ya i love it there one tire is wider then both of mine and i can drive mine home at the end of the day if i dont take the trailor it.

R1Lello

Established Member
Nothing like beating up those old trailer queen cars making the owner go home and cry. Lots of noise and a trailer........no thanks...........fast street cars are where it's at.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
went to a little 1/8 mile track with my friends. I guess its there home track. u dont even get your mph on the slip. (halloween shoot out). so i got there late and only got two runs in before the racing started. anything below a 7.39 is pro class. so i went and got in line with all the PROS and a drew a 8. so i had to go and put my dial in and i put a 7.00. up there u are not allowed to change it. so i went and got my car, they started to line us up. i got next to a 69 ss. i guess he is a one of the best guys up there. he got out of his car and started talking with his buddys. after a while one of them came over and ask me if i belonged in this class. i said why because u have a full out race car and mine is a street car. he and his friends just laughed. well we get up there and guess what the street car won. well the next run i messed up and lost but no one up there thought that my shelby could get into the 6s. I love it when i can beat a ear bleading nos having car, it just feels good.

Congrats. Slicks I assume? My car isn't exactly a slug and I run a 7.36-7.37@+/-97mph (and a sub 1.70 60') on Mickey DRs. Your car is kickin some serious ass.

Nice.

bj

Last edited:

2kmelat

Established Member
It's hard to get respect with that wimpy KB sitting on top of your motor! :poke:

ya mybe if i had a baby bottle in the rear like u need with a whipple. they would have came over and welcome me right in:bash::beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread