No Porsche for Forza 4.......FU EA!

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
Welcome to the video game industry of the future. It will not get better. Activision and EA will continue to grow by absorbing all other game studios until one beats the other down and we are at a Microsoft-like monopoly.

Gaming is bigger than the movie industry, as such, the suits have been flooding in making sure that they do their part in destroying creativity and establishing product lines in such a manner that the buyer begins to see the title name and developer as more important than the actual game.

That's the ridiculously condensed version, of an otherwise massive rant.

With that said, losing the VW bug from Forza isn't the worst thing to happen to gaming.

Electronic Arts is such a boatload of faggots. They have done nothing for the advancement of gaming.

"Oh look, a small but successful developer studio, lets gobble them up, shit in a box and release it as a sequel to their most popular title"

Chick in avatar?

TCSoff

I'm watching
Established Member
It isn't the worst thing to happen to gaming but it is indicative of the BS we as gamers have to put up with. For example why the F can't I play my DL'ed games if I'm not logged into xbox live? I purchased the damn thing why can't I play offline? I remember a few years back this was not the case.
Anyway it is sad/maddening to see big companies like EA pull the exclusivity card on other developers. Look at what they did to 2K studios with their NFL franchise. That's the main reason why nothing has really changed on Madden for the past few years. If we as gamers don't pay attention to what's going on now, the future of gaming will take a turn for the worst Imo.

P.S Thomas don't be a dick how can you say Porsche sucks? Some of my favorite cars on FM3 were/are Porsches. The GT3 RS was my favorite. :rockon: You're entitled to your opinion but come on you've never enjoyed driving a Porsche in a video game?

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
Yea, you're right, lets ditch the top selling sports car brand to bring in a couple of shitty mitsubishis, since its a racing sim they can simulate breaking down after one lap. :rollseyes

:thumbsup::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::thumbsup:

1hot281

Established Member
EA=FAIL

They're just mad their "Gran Turismo/Forza killer" Shift2 sucked donkey scrotum and most people didn't even take it seriously... the handling model/physics engine was TERRIBLE

jrakes88

Established Member
Yea, you're right, lets ditch the top selling sports car brand to bring in a couple of shitty mitsubishis, since its a racing sim they can simulate breaking down after one lap. :rollseyes

^this
they'll probably have a 1g talon/eclipse on it anyways like on Forza 3

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
PURE GOLD! :lol:

Although my cousin works for EA and I do support the Battlefield series, EA can fricken burn. Actually the people or persons involved in trying to corner the car market in video games should burn. I'd like to lump them in the same category as the people who bought 10+ HP touchpads.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
It isn't the worst thing to happen to gaming but it is indicative of the BS we as gamers have to put up with. For example why the F can't I play my DL'ed games if I'm not logged into xbox live? I purchased the damn thing why can't I play offline? I remember a few years back this was not the case.
if you downloaded the game on 1 xbox and have your HDD on another xbox then you can't play off-line unless you redownload it. so if you sent your xbox in to get repaired then you should've got a different one back than the one you had, so the serial number that the game is registered to isn't matching up.
basically, just redownload it and it should work.

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member
Can someone explain to me how something like this is possible, what does it mean that EA has rendering rights to Porsche, by what authority.

I am not arguing, just want to know.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
Can someone explain to me how something like this is possible, what does it mean that EA has rendering rights to Porsche, by what authority.

I am not arguing, just want to know.
porsche wrote up a contract with EA giving them the exclusive rights to the namesake and design of all(most likely) porsche cars when used in video games. this means that the porsche name and any porsche car designs can not be used as content or for promotion by any other video game publisher/developer unless said publisher/developer comes to terms with EA on a sub-license, granting them permission to use the namesake/designs.
summary - porsche made a deal with EA granting them exclusive rights, and as a result any and all video game publishers/developers that want to use the porsche namsake/designs as content have to go through EA and only EA to do so.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Hearing all the porsche fanboi's cry makes me want this game even more. EA ftw.

Id rather have a broken ass mitsu than a wannabe cheap entry level sportscar that i bought as a status symbol. I know theyre badass cars but I just hate them cause im a hater.

Just as long as they dont fill the void with 20 versions of the skyline or 15 mugen civic models like Gran Turismo would.

Sent from my iPhail using Tapatalk while doing 90 on the freeway and streetracing through traffic. What now?

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member
Hearing all the porsche fanboi's cry makes me want this game even more. EA ftw.

Id rather have a broken ass mitsu than a wannabe cheap entry level sportscar that i bought as a status symbol. I know theyre badass cars but I just hate them cause im a hater.

Just as long as they dont fill the void with 20 versions of the skyline or 15 mugen civic models like Gran Turismo would.

Sent from my iPhail using Tapatalk while doing 90 on the freeway and streetracing through traffic. What now?

haters-gonna-hate-32402-1270523864-286.jpg

Coiled03

Established Member
who cares, porsches suck anyways, i doubt anyone uses them in any game out there.

They should stick them in anyways and just use a fake name. "Portia" would be an epic middle finger to EA.

Seriously....you must just be trolling.

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
So wait... GT5 actually came out? When the hell did this happen? I stopped paying attention as I couldnt stop laughing from all of the delays. Havnt heard anything about it since the delays. Guess it Flopped big time.
Although I dont think I have ever used a Porshe in any of the Forza games, this does piss me off. Its a damn icon. EA needs to get the gigantic dildo out of their ass. Or at least the guy in charge of that decision does.
If they think that this alone will make Forza4 lose that many sales and whatever game they are making will gain those sales. I think they are very badly mistaken. Its very sad actually.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
So wait... GT5 actually came out? When the hell did this happen? I stopped paying attention as I couldnt stop laughing from all of the delays. Havnt heard anything about it since the delays. Guess it Flopped big time.
Although I dont think I have ever used a Porshe in any of the Forza games, this does piss me off. Its a damn icon. EA needs to get the gigantic dildo out of their ass. Or at least the guy in charge of that decision does.
If they think that this alone will make Forza4 lose that many sales and whatever game they are making will gain those sales. I think they are very badly mistaken. Its very sad actually.

What are you talking about? Nobody is comparing the two in this thread. Don't turn it into that.

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
What are you talking about? Nobody is comparing the two in this thread. Don't turn it into that.

I didnt compare it to GT5. I saw GT5 mentioned and had completely forgetten about the game. Hence the question if it actually came out because as of the last delay I have heard nothing from it.
So what are you talkign about is the real question?

Thread police need to lighten up.. christ.

Im sure youll get butt-hurt over this and keep arguing for no reason. But alas, carry on.

Still cant wait for Forza 4. I need to get a damn wheel and pedals

Last edited:

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
Bought GT5. Played it for a few days. Put it on the shelf. Bought Forza 3. Played it for a few days. Put it on the shelf. Haven't touched either since. GT5 had WAY too many duplicates. Forza 3 was awesome, but I didn't like the VERY unrealistic selling prices for cars. NFS: Shift sucked so I haven't even looked at Shift 2. I'm anxiously waiting for Driver: San Francisco right now.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
I didnt compare it to GT5. I saw GT5 mentioned and had completely forgetten about the game. Hence the question if it actually came out because as of the last delay I have heard nothing from it.
So what are you talkign about is the real question?

Thread police need to lighten up.. christ.

Im sure youll get butt-hurt over this and keep arguing for no reason. But alas, carry on.

Still cant wait for Forza 4. I need to get a damn wheel and pedals

You're trying to turn this into a debate by bringing up something that is completely irrelevant to how EA is not letting Porsche in Forza.

Tell me, what does your inattention towards GT5s release have to do with this at all?

People who can't keep threads on target... Christ.

Users who are viewing this thread