no oil pressure first start up

4.6pimp

Established Member
Put a low milage 04 cobra shortblock with new oil pump in my turbo mach 1. Went to spin motor for first time today and get some oil pressure up on the gauge but couldn't get any. Pulled plus and free spun motor and nothing! Checked to make sure remote oil filter lines were right and they were. I had filled the oil filter about 3/4 full and when I to pull of to look it started pooring oil after loosening. So it seem that more oil has gotten to the filter but not to turbo or registering on the gauge. My tuner sent me a tune to start the car with the new injectors and says I may need to start motor for it to build up pressure.. I plan to download and put tune in in the morning. Has anyone else had this issue? I can sure use some help.... thanks guys for any info you can give.

racebronco2

Established Member
I have built a few motors and just using the starter to build pressure usually doesn't work. It doesn't spin the motor fast enough. You need to start the engine.

4.6pimp

Established Member
I have built a few motors and just using the starter to build pressure usually doesn't work. It doesn't spin the motor fast enough. You need to start the engine.

That's what I was kinda thinking... got to up load a tune for my new injectors and fire it up tomorrow. Thanks

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
I would get a aftermarket gauge
Get an aeroforce, with the oil pressure sensor
Great gauge, it a must have anyways

Wish I could help, I know i installed my remote filter, and cooler
I was nervous as hell to start it up, but that's why I bought the aeroforce oil pressure sensor to be sure

Last edited:

03SonicVert

Ford Junkie since 1996
Established Member
I don't think you have anything to worry about.
I wouldn't expect to see the factory gauge move while cranking.

I would fire it up and let the hog eat. If you are concerned there is an oil psi concern then you would need to hook up a mechanical gauge even if just for a few minutes of running.

SV

Users who are viewing this thread