No more Nürburgring times?

clbailey

Established Member
Ive been to the ring... "speed limits" have always been "enforced" unless something new has changed.

EDIT:

Just read the article... I had my go pro removed from the car when going out when the new owners just bought the rights to the track. It was the owner of the surrounding hotels. I wonder how this will affect tourist days?

Last edited:

Coiled03

Established Member
I don't really care what the reason is, but I'd be overjoyed if I never heard another Ring time from a manufacturer in my entire life. ****ing useless numbers posted by people that rig things in their favor as far as possible.

truefiveo

Established Member
I don't really care what the reason is, but I'd be overjoyed if I never heard another Ring time from a manufacturer in my entire life. ****ing useless numbers posted by people that rig things in their favor as far as possible.

So true!

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Just read the article... I had my go pro removed from the car when going out when the new owners just bought the rights to the track. It was the owner of the surrounding hotels. I wonder how this will affect tourist days?

I was just there last fall and Go-Pros if mounted inside the car were not an issue. You simply couldn't have one outside the car.

Low Class Yuppie

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse

Agreed 100%. Ring times are a useless measure of performance and only appeal to "magazine racers" and pimply-faced teens who play Forza all day and think the GT-R is the best car ever made.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Couldn't care less about ring times anyway. Cool bragging rights, but that doesn't help sell me a car.

Does koenigsegg have to pass full crash test and emissions standards like the 918? If not not I don't see how they can claim it's a production car/record.

Last interview I saw with Christian Von Koenigsegg, he stated they did crash test a few Agera models to meet US standards.

And clearly the car is production, it's just a much faster special edition of the Agera R.

That being said, having driven that track, you get a whole new appreciation for numbers when you hear them. Sub 7 minutes is ****ing insane no matter which manufacturer it is.

Watch the in-car video of the Aventador SV running a 6:59 lap time. That driver is batshit crazy and very talented.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Because those those times are gm entire marketing plan. It has been for a number of years!

But they've already ran the C7Z so how does closing the track now have anything to do with what you said about not having times? :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread