No more Nürburgring times?

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Just saw this on facebook, it says theyre implementing speed limits on parts of the course now.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/nurbur...ord-attempts-918-remains-production-car-king/

Saddest part is the Koenigsegg One:1 was possibly days away from raping the track record for a production car. They had the driver and helicopters on stand-by. Reports say it might be a temporary thing, and Koenigsegg seems to be pushing that to be true.

http://koenigsegg.com/koenigsegg-and-the-nurburgring/

That being said, having driven that track, you get a whole new appreciation for numbers when you hear them. Sub 7 minutes is ****ing insane no matter which manufacturer it is.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
^^^ Nascar has imposed "speed limits" on high speed tracks for years with the forced use of restrictor plates. The only purpose of the plates was/is to lower the speed limit, for safety reasons. Nürburgring is a different track, but after the death of a spectator it seems they feel that speeds have reached a zenith. While I may not agree with it, I understand the reasoning behind it.

20redfire03

Established Member
They can just start a new list now that contains the times using the speed limits.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Saddest part is the Koenigsegg One:1 was possibly days away from raping the track record for a production car. They had the driver and helicopters on stand-by. Reports say it might be a temporary thing, and Koenigsegg seems to be pushing that to be true.

http://koenigsegg.com/koenigsegg-and-the-nurburgring/

That being said, having driven that track, you get a whole new appreciation for numbers when you hear them. Sub 7 minutes is ****ing insane no matter which manufacturer it is.
Does koenigsegg have to pass full crash test and emissions standards like the 918? If not not I don't see how they can claim it's a production car/record.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
It's interesting the responses here. The new owners I'm assuming want to continue to make a profit, would have to deem the lost due to litigation worse than the money loss trying to further track records. It's easy to be cricket when it's not your money on the line.

Does this mean no c7z06 time? How sad....

Blown 89

Established Member
Does koenigsegg have to pass full crash test and emissions standards like the 918? If not not I don't see how they can claim it's a production car/record.
Cars don't have to pass U.S. safety ratings to be considered production cars.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Cars don't have to pass U.S. safety ratings to be considered production cars.

Two cars one needs all the extra weight and equipment for federally mandated sales and one does not. You don't see how one is playing by a completely different set of rules and yet you call the the same ie production vehicle?

Blown 89

Established Member
Two cars one needs all the extra weight and equipment for federally mandated sales and one does not. You don't see how one is playing by a completely different set of rules and yet you call the the same ie production vehicle?
The world does not revolve around the United States.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Does this mean no c7z06 time? How sad....

I've never seen someone hang onto something so tight! I'm sure you know they already ran the car over there just recently and are preparing the results for release now. Will that shut you up?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
They have run many laps there and so far not one has been deamed publishable by GM. It's all good with a different tune/pulley set up I'm sure they can get the speed they want.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
They have run many laps there and so far not one has been deamed publishable by GM. It's all good with a different tune/pulley set up I'm sure they can get the speed they want.

So then, how does closing the track have anything to do with their times not being public?

Users who are viewing this thread