No More Mods!

ctanZ

Established Member
With ford changing up the mustang so often as compared to previous model years, will there ever be a shortage of aftermarket parts for a given year? For example, if I buy a 2013, given that its body style is unique to only 2 years, will parts for it ever run out? As opposed to the 05-09 years that had 5 years of production.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
i dont see any issue since there are so many companys making parts

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
Still find plenty of parts for the 96-98s. Its a Mustang theres millions of them.

scorched

Established Member
Terminator was only 2 years of production. No shortage of after market parts. Yea, new edge was the same body, but there are many 03-04 specifics.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Parts IMO would only be "no longer available" if the company making them went out of business and no other company made the part. But in general, I wouldn't be concerned at all. The Mustang is one of the most modded vehicles made, so the aftermarket will surely continue to provide all sorts of parts for a long, long time. If you want a 2013 Mustang, go for it!

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Gotta remember body style does not dictate whether or not the vehicle will have a strong aftermarket.

If youre referring to a GT the motor us the same from '11 to '14 and in all likeliness will continue from '14my and on for the next generation platform/chassis with munor tweaks. The suspension is relatively similar from '05-current.

There isnt anything unique to the '13-14s thats more than skin deep. Its still built on the same chassis with most of the same parts, and itll continue to have a heavy aftermarket following just like every other generation.

oldmodman

Established Member
There seem to be more and more specialized parts available for the 03 & 04 Cobras available every day.
And our cars were only made for two years.
I think that the aftermarket will be very attentive to a model that was produced for many times longer than that. And in MUCH larger numbers. That's an awfully large customer base to ignore.

SpectorV

Established Member
it will be harder to find OEM specific parts like it is on 03/04 cobras... chin spoilers, bumpers, rear bumpers, or even worse 10th anniv parts are hard to come by.

Users who are viewing this thread