No more 03 cobras?

key2you

Established Member
To dvarapala: There is a big difference between opinion and fact (especially when fact might be fiction). Alot of the guys here have voiced there opinions in ref to how they feel BON is no accurately or honestly telling the story. That, my friend, is why the gentlemen here are upset. And again that is there opinion. If one was to say they-BON- were an alien race trying to brain wash america......THEN I could see unsubstantiated negative bullshit.

Corner-Carver

The Voice of Reason
Established Member
Originally posted by key2you
To dvarapala: There is a big difference between opinion and fact (especially when fact might be fiction). Alot of the guys here have voiced there opinions in ref to how they feel BON is no accurately or honestly telling the story. That, my friend, is why the gentlemen here are upset. And again that is there opinion. If one was to say they-BON- were an alien race trying to brain wash america......THEN I could see unsubstantiated negative bullshit.

Again, as dvarapala asked, what is ONE example where BON has been wrong?:shrug:

JoeCobra99

Established Member
Originally posted by Corner-Carver
Again, as dvarapala asked, what is ONE example where BON has been wrong?:shrug:

CC, I can name several example where BON was wrong.

1. They broke the story that the 99's were down on hp and that Ford knew about it. No wait...that turned out to be right...

2. They broke the story that numerous 99's were having problems with driveline vibrations and Ford was working furiously behind the scenes to try to figure it out. No wait, that turned out to be right...

3. They broke the story that there was going to be a mass recall of 99's for new intake, exhaust and computer reflash. No wait, that turned out to be right....

4. They broke the story that the 99's would be recalled for defective rear knuckles. No wait, that turned out to be right.

5. They broke the story that the 2000 Cobra would never hit the streets. No wait, that turned out to be right.

6. They broke the story that the 03's were going to be factory supercharged and would be the fasted production Cobra ever seen. Hmmm...were they right boys?

Well. Hmmm... if I keep looking, I'm sure I'll find something!

I agree that sometimes Robert Lane can run his BON site like the anti-Ford National Enquirer, but his accuracy rate has been pretty dang high over the last three years.

03CobraBro

Established Member
I'm not sure if anyone else mentioned this or not since I skipped down to the bottom of this one from the get go...

Sometimes when a plant runs low on parts for a certain car they shut down the plant and its refered to as "a quality control issue". My dad works for Chrystler and said it does happen on occasion when they are running low on certain resources and what not.

Ok, time to make alittle list of reasons not to beleive the quality control problem had anything to do with the car itself (from joe blows stand point)

1. The engines are handbuilt and thourghly tested so im sure if there were any serious problems or longevity issues they would have picked up on them from the get go.

2. Fords already resumed production, so I'm sure if the problem was as serious as these "Mysterious" undisclosed sources make them out to be then there would have been some sort of recall.

3. I havent really heard of anyone, that I know that owns an 03 having any problems with it, nor have I really read about anyone on this forum that have mentioned problems similar to what that article and many articles like it describe, let alone the fact that would include all 03's if the car was truely the problem.

4. Even if it was a problem with the car, ford deffinatly wouldnt let it go unnoticed after all that publicity they got over the 99 problems.

Last edited:

silvercoffin

Established Member
heheheh

They were too fast and the guys that didn't have them were complaining.

EXACTLY!

Vette owners were complaining too cause they are getting beat left and right.... forget about the transam and Camero people...no hope for them at all. heheheheh:thumbsup:

Pony Express 01

I have been a member of BON for well over a year and as far as I am concerned, I would rather have them watching out for us and keeping us up to date about what Ford may or may not be doing than have no one looking out for us. After all we are all Ford lovers or we would be driving something else but, they (FoMoCo) are a massive corporation and it comes down to bottom line. So if it is them or us, guess what, it isn't going to be us, unless they get bad press, like what comes out from BON. I have not seen where Robert Lane has put out bad info yet. I may or may not agree that the gas tank in a Mustang is any more dangerous than any other rear tanked car, but that is my opinon.

And by the way, when refering to people, it's THEIR not THERE. It's hard to take someone seriously when they appear uneducated.

SMOKE

Old School ROUSH
Established Member
Pony Express 01
Good points. I've also been a member of BON for a while. Many would have you believe if it wasn't for the internet push on the 99 Cobras FORD would have swept the widespread dis-satisfaction under the rug.
I credit BON and several other internet forums for raising owner's awareness and understanding.

Users who are viewing this thread