No Luck with Selling: 99 Cobra

Yossarian_Lives

Established Member
I still don't think 9k is too much for up here...I was hoping to have it gone but I'm not going to lose a ton of money on it if I don't have to so I'll just wait until I get what I want for it. strangely my last mustang sold in december after having it up for six months

01RedBeardCobra

Established Member
I was supposed to meet with someone today. I scanned my carfax have him a complete write up about the car. Took undercarriage pix for him. And he flaked on me. Tired of this crap.

Yossarian_Lives

Established Member
yea that seems to be the name of the game. I've had people call saying they want to come look and then they never return my calls back

99GreenCobra

Established Member
Our cars were made for road racing with the F/R weight ratio. You could not give me a terminator. I think 99-01 are getting taken up for the F/R ratio and their IRS. The Green ones were gobbled up early for their desired color.

Yes Spring would be better. Most buyers in NE know if you are selling, that you don't want to pay to store it.

Why did I sell mine?? I got 11k from someone I knew. Other than that I never had an email on it. I regret selling it. But have a baby boy now. He's more fun than a cobra right?

Cobra_GATA

Established Member
I just got a trade offer for 8k from a Ford Dealership down here in Tennessee for my 01. I have 77k on it. Has gears and exhaust. They haven't even seen it.......

shurur

Established Member
Why did I sell mine?? I got 11k from someone I knew. Other than that I never had an email on it. I regret selling it. But have a baby boy now. He's more fun than a cobra right?

A child?? absolutely more fun than a cobra!!

Children are gifts from God.

Last edited:

Cobra_GATA

Established Member
I just got a trade offer for 8k from a Ford Dealership down here in Tennessee for my 01. I have 77k on it. Has gears and exhaust. They haven't even seen it.......

wow that's a pretty decent trade value I would take that...

And I say that, not to rub it in but to say I am shocked he can't get at least that for it if not more selling it privately.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

99Venom

I ♥ Internal Combustion
Established Member
Anyone else having trouble selling their cobras right now? I can't seem to even get anyone to come look at it and its been up for over a month now. Here's my craigslist ad:

http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/4003112061.html

Any suggestions? I thought it was a fair price and the car is almost all stock and very clean.

That's a very fair offer I think. I have the exact same car, except with 218k & black interior on it and I live right across the border in Maine from you. I saw your car and wished I could buy it and use mine for a parts car, yours is in great shape. If I had the money I would have been all over it.

It sucks selling nice vehicles for good money in New England, I've been there.
Unless you really need to unload it I wouldn't drop the price, the right person might come along eventually.

Dan

99GreenCobra

Established Member
A child?? absolutely more fun than a cobra!!

Children are gifts from God.

Ha ha totally agree. Miss the cobra like crazy. But the boy is awesome.

Good luck selling the cobra op. just have to find the right buyer. I love the 99 cobras and will be buying another in the future. I guess I like em cause they are a misfit.

mike.b

Established Member
ebay!

I was having trouble selling my 05 SRT-4 for about a month. Put it on ebay and is sold 3 days later for my asking price. VERY smooth transaction and would not hesitate to do it again.

zPipes

Established Member
You may be asking a bit too much. Our cars unfortunately are not as desirable as the Terminators and they will always be in there shadows:shrug:. Take it off and wait a month or so or wait till next spring when people have the itch for a summer toy. Personally I would wait and try next spring. Bet you you could get $9500 then.

Yea, to the average buyer this car is not as desireable as the 03 with a supercharger.

Our cars were made for road racing with the F/R weight ratio. You could not give me a terminator. I think 99-01 are getting taken up for the F/R ratio and their IRS. The Green ones were gobbled up early for their desired color.

Yes Spring would be better. Most buyers in NE know if you are selling, that you don't want to pay to store it.

Most average car buyers arent this advanced in knowledge.

sell it for 8k. 9k is to much. car will be gone in a month:beer:

^this. The car is 14 years old, and thats that. 10k for a car that old, stock, is asking alot. Especially when you can get a much newer car for that, modded. Not everyone cares that its a 'Cobra' Your looking for a specialized buyer and thats goin to take time.

If you want to sell your car to the average consumer, its gonna be like 8k.

Ive already decided that my car is my car and Ill never get what I put into it back. But I'm ok with that, Im doing this for me.

Good luck with your sale, but price will not increase over time.

shurur

Established Member
Ha ha totally agree. Miss the cobra like crazy. But the boy is awesome.

Good luck selling the cobra op. just have to find the right buyer. I love the 99 cobras and will be buying another in the future. I guess I like em cause they are a misfit.

With the "mustang" on the bumper..Is that a real cobra???

Also the 99 and 01 with teksid are the best F/R weight ratio mustang ever up until the recent 5.0..and still the only one with IRS.

I look forward in seeing the new mustangs with IRS..now that's Shelby is gone..

Last edited:

01RedBeardCobra

Established Member
Idk about your guys location. But I still see 03/04 cobras with lower-medium miles going for 19-24k here. So I don't think 10k as that ridiculous of a price.

99Venom

I ♥ Internal Combustion
Established Member
With the "mustang" on the bumper..Is that a real cobra???

Also the 99 and 01 with teksid are the best F/R weight ratio muastang ever up until the recent 5.0..and still the only one with IRS.

I look forward in seeing the new mustangs with IRS..now that's Shelby is gone..

99 cobras had "mustang" on the stock rear bumper, the 01's had "cobra"

shurur

Established Member
99 cobras had "mustang" on the stock rear bumper, the 01's had "cobra"

I was making a joke about the 99 cobra and what folks ask about it some times...or sometimes "Is this a real cobra or a clone?"...like they're calling you out or something..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread