No Luck with Selling: 99 Cobra

Michaelslilgray

I need more gas...
Established Member
I gave 9992 for my convertible 01 if that helps you with pricing any... it had 82k on it when i picked it up.. and bone stock (which is a selling point to some)

Michaelslilgray

I need more gas...
Established Member
and this line is a huge turn off for me if im buying a car...

I originally bought this car a few months ago with intentions of keeping it as a summer toy, but I have found that I just never get a chance to drive it so I think it should go.

Martel

Established Member
and this line is a huge turn off for me if im buying a car...

I originally bought this car a few months ago with intentions of keeping it as a summer toy, but I have found that I just never get a chance to drive it so I think it should go.

+1
Also you are saying you do not have time to drive it, but you are willing to trade for a hot hatch...

Michaelslilgray

I need more gas...
Established Member
it looks more to me like there is something wrong with it for only having it for a few months.... especially since you are trying to "trade up" to a different car.

Yossarian_Lives

Established Member
Yea I could see that. The truth is I bought it to use as a summer car (I also have a truck) but I decided I wanted to get rid of both and just get something I could drive year round that's good on gas but also fun to drive.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Unfortunately, the price is a little high when comparable GT's sell in the private market for barely half that. Unless you find someone who really wants a Cobra, and is looking to spend about 10k, you will have a hard time finding buyers. Realistically, you will probably get about $8500 for the car.

In 2008, I bought my car and it had a CAI, o/r x-pipe, Flowmaster catback and '01 polished wheels for 10,000. It only had 40k miles on it and was in excellent condition inside and out. Yes, at the time this was a steal, but the last 5 years have not been nice for resale of our cars, especially with Terminators coming down in price and used S197's coming down in price.

JBird_Cobra

Established Member
I sold my '99 with 110k miles on it earlier this year for $9k if I remember right. It took about a month of extreme low ball offers before something worthwhile came about.

RyanApfel

Established Member
I just bought my 01 with 80k for 8k.... I think the price is a little high. Fortunate for me when I was buying but unfortunate for anyone selling.

Last edited:

Yossarian_Lives

Established Member
Around here the prices are nowhere near that low. Comparable GTs sell for 7-8k, not 5 grand. Hell fox bodies are selling for 6-7

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

2001cobravert

Established Member
I'm in the same boat! I will start pulling mods off and sell it closer to stock. I would think that you'd be getting at least low ball offers.

shurur

Established Member
I got a few low balls but not even much of that

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Nobody has any money out our way..NH is hurting..

Put that thing up on autotrader.com.

You'll get more coverage..nationwide
But I would dump the chat about the trading thing and the hatch..just the spec/facts....
Have you even listed it in the market at SVTP??

Granted..it was years ago..but I flew to AL and drove my car back to NH.

Lots of guys are wanting the 99-01 for track cars these days for their F/R weight ratio and the IRS...guys with money...don't settle.

Oh and get an AWD...BWM, Audi, Subaru..both for the Winters and the cornering and F/R balanced handling;-)...

Last edited:

marcoc

Established Member
You may be asking a bit too much. Our cars unfortunately are not as desirable as the Terminators and they will always be in there shadows:shrug:. Take it off and wait a month or so or wait till next spring when people have the itch for a summer toy. Personally I would wait and try next spring. Bet you you could get $9500 then.

shurur

Established Member
You may be asking a bit too much. Our cars unfortunately are not as desirable as the Terminators and they will always be in there shadows:shrug:. Take it off and wait a month or so or wait till next spring when people have the itch for a summer toy. Personally I would wait and try next spring. Bet you you could get $9500 then.

Our cars were made for road racing with the F/R weight ratio. You could not give me a terminator. I think 99-01 are getting taken up for the F/R ratio and their IRS. The Green ones were gobbled up early for their desired color.

Yes Spring would be better. Most buyers in NE know if you are selling, that you don't want to pay to store it.

Users who are viewing this thread