no little Neon, no.

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
Ya SEE?? Now THATS how a Mopar Man Fires Back on a Ford Forum!!

hahaha, still doesn't change the systemic Mopar transmission issues.

i really think that company WANTS to kill itself and it never fully works out. they make some sorta cool stuff and then throw a few completely worthless parts in it to make sure it takes a shit on you. like when they shoved that pile of shit mini-van motor in a jeep.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
hahaha, still doesn't change the systemic Mopar transmission issues.

i really think that company WANTS to kill itself and it never fully works out. they make some sorta cool stuff and then throw a few completely worthless parts in it to make sure it takes a shit on you. like when they shoved that pile of shit mini-van motor in a jeep.

Qfmft!

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
There's a stock turbo E85 SRT around here that runs 11.3 @ 127.

giphy.gif

termipowa

Established Member
Had my srt 4 for 8mths stock turbo on 18psi around 300 flywheel car was a great daily radio sounds great kicker stock and ac/heat will run you out. As far as power mine was useless spin spin spin. 2 broken axels rode like poop sold it.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
There's a stock turbo E85 SRT around here that runs 11.3 @ 127.

I find it hard to believe a TD04-15g turbo is trapping 127 in a 2900lb car. My first new sports car was a 1998 Eclipse GSX so I come from the world of DSM and MHI turbos. Even a TD06-20G would struggle to do that. He would need to step up to a t3/t4 hybrid or Garrett GT series to trap that. Either he is lying about his mods or has a gutted tin can. Stock turbo is lucky to break 300whp and usually needs at least an exhaust wheel clip to come close.

One of my cousins owned 2 back around when they were new so I'm familiar with them. Highest trap back then was in the 113-114 range on a stock turbo if I'm not mistaken. When he had 1 of them I bought a new STI in 03 and with the stage 1 ECU and injectors he could not pull my stock STI. From a stop I shut down after 2nd gear.

Last edited:

kaz109

Established Member
I find it hard to believe a TD04-15g turbo is trapping 127 in a 2900lb car. My first new sports car was a 1998 Eclipse GSX so I come from the world of DSM and MHI turbos. Even a TD06-20G would struggle to do that. He would need to step up to a t3/t4 hybrid or Garrett GT series to trap that. Either he is lying about his mods or has a gutted tin can. Stock turbo is lucky to break 300whp and usually needs at least an exhaust wheel clip to come close.

One of my cousins owned 2 back around when they were new so I'm familiar with them. Highest trap back then was in the 113-114 range on a stock turbo if I'm not mistaken. When he had 1 of them I bought a new STI in 03 and with the stage 1 ECU and injectors he could not pull my stock STI. From a stop I shut down after 2nd gear.

They are trap a bit higher these days homie...stock turbo 11's cars trap in the 117-120 range. Also there is no luck needed to break 300whp. A lot has changed since 03 when you were first around them lol.... many stock turbo unclipped ex wheel cars have hit 330whp and over 400tq

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
They are trap a bit higher these days homie...stock turbo 11's cars trap in the 117-120 range. Also there is no luck needed to break 300whp. A lot has changed since 03 when you were first around them lol.... many stock turbo unclipped ex wheel cars have hit 330whp and over 400tq

Yeah forgot about E85. I wish that shit was around when I was into imports.

96chargedcobra

Established Member
Just going to throw this out there:
04 cobra with 2.76 exhaust tune ran 13s in Denver which is common at this altitude.
04 srt4 with bigger turbo ran 11s.

xblitzkriegx

Established Member

agreed.

theres a(n) (outdated somewhat) stick on the srtfourms with step by step proceedures how to reliably hit 300whp on a stock turbo.

the highest ive read about is 350whp/450wtq on e85. that would be enough for easy 11s at 116+. still, its fwd...

boostownsme

Established Member

Most of the time when you see a high number (300 >)from a stock turbo Neon they are using a torque spike in the graph, so that number doesn't last long. As far as stock turbo times, mine only put down 274 hp/ 304 ft lbs and trapped 112. They are quick cars and for how cheap they were its funny that some people still get so worked up over them.

Users who are viewing this thread