no little Neon, no.

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
as i'm leaving one of my favorite eateries this evening i rev the Cobra up a bit when passing by. the door guy is a car guy and more over, a Cobro. little rev, thumbs up, all is well.... sorta.

what i didn't notice was the SRT-4 pulling out of a parking lot near by. small red car, nothing to see here, move along. i guess he thought i was revving at him :shrug:

we end up side by side through the down town section (25mph). dude makes sure i know he has a loud BOV and some crack and pop in the exhaust. as we're approaching a single lane i give him some RPM's to let him know i'm game.

obeying all U.S. traffic laws we proceed to the interstate... this particular on-ramp leads directly to Tatooine. bottom of the ramp = Tatooine.

i let the SRT merge over and take the lead going to the ramp. as we round the final bit of curve he steps on it. in third gear i keep pace and as soon as we're fully off the ramp and on good straight road, i let her eat. i'm not calling that one a race but i came around him like he was in a Prius.

i hit the right lane and coast until he catches me. i try to signal the guy to slow down a bit but he seems interested in a 65-ish roll.... i motion for him to take the hit and he obliges. just as he starts to go i find third and give her hell. grab fourth to prove my point and let out around 120. bus lengths i tell you, bus lengths.

when he finally catches up i notice he has two other dudes in the car. it's windows down and all thumbs up! i return the gesture and level off around 70.

after clearing a single slow moving "speeder" the SRT hits the right lane and slows down a bit. i pull even at about 65 and roll my window down. motioning for him to take the hit again i search for third. he's off and i've found my gear. all he would get is the half a fender jump. with little effort that's all he got. again, i ran third out and shifted to fourth. the real estate between us was enough to build a nice house and shop.

i get a thumbs up fly-by and we both take the next exit. SRT goes his way and i go mine. thanks dude for at last giving it a shot. respect!

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
as i'm leaving one of my favorite eateries this evening i rev the Cobra up a bit when passing by. the door guy is a car guy and more over, a Cobro. little rev, thumbs up, all is well.... sorta.

what i didn't notice was the SRT-4 pulling out of a parking lot near by. small red car, nothing to see here, move along. i guess he thought i was revving at him :shrug:

we end up side by side through the down town section (25mph). dude makes sure i know he has a loud BOV and some crack and pop in the exhaust. as we're approaching a single lane i give him some RPM's to let him know i'm game.

obeying all U.S. traffic laws we proceed to the interstate... this particular on-ramp leads directly to Tatooine. bottom of the ramp = Tatooine.

i let the SRT merge over and take the lead going to the ramp. as we round the final bit of curve he steps on it. in third gear i keep pace and as soon as we're fully off the ramp and on good straight road, i let her eat. i'm not calling that one a race but i came around him like he was in a Prius.

i hit the right lane and coast until he catches me. i try to signal the guy to slow down a bit but he seems interested in a 65-ish roll.... i motion for him to take the hit and he obliges. just as he starts to go i find third and give her hell. grab fourth to prove my point and let out around 120. bus lengths i tell you, bus lengths.

when he finally catches up i notice he has two other dudes in the car. it's windows down and all thumbs up! i return the gesture and level off around 70.

after clearing a single slow moving "speeder" the SRT hits the right lane and slows down a bit. i pull even at about 65 and roll my window down. motioning for him to take the hit again i search for third. he's off and i've found my gear. all he would get is the half a fender jump. with little effort that's all he got. again, i ran third out and shifted to fourth. the real estate between us was enough to build a nice house and shop.

i get a thumbs up fly-by and we both take the next exit. SRT goes his way and i go mine. thanks dude for at last giving it a shot. respect!

Well written, good kill.

Thread approved!

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
The Neon maybe gone for now, they are easily scared but will come back in greater numbers, we must go.. Nice kill BTW.

Tezz500

Established Member
Good Kill! Those cars can be nasty though.

Are-You-Kidding-Me-Rage-Face-Meme-Template-Blank-1024x1008.png

Last edited:

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
There's one in my area that's over 500 and he's still trying to get more. His girlfriend lives down the street from me so I've talked to him quite a bit. We haven't been able to go side by side yet because of traffic but we did run a little bit and I was able to catch him with my stock engine. It certainly wasn't as easy as some of the corvettes I've run into. You never know.. good kill!

Tezz500

Established Member
He's sort of correct, I think SOME cobra owners might get surprised by bigger turboed neons pushing 5-600hp doing highway pulls BUT most of them are all noise.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that those are few and far between.

Remember anything can be fast just takes $$$$$$.

I don't see an SRT4 holding together with 600hp. I just don't.

Something is going to break.
1. It's a neon
2. It's a Dodge.
3. It's a neon
And
4. It's a Dodge.

Something in that power train is going to explode.

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
I'm friends with a few of the local import / 4 banger car guys. I'm working on finding out what he has for mods.

.... not that it matters, he was slow either way. actually the Nismo Maxima from earlier this year put up a better fight.

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member

1. It's a neon
2. It's a Dodge.
3. It's a neon
And
4. It's a Dodge.

Those motors are bullet proof from what I've heard.

But nice kill OP, I enjoyed the SW references lol

Tezz500

Established Member

I'm thinking more on the trans?

I remember when I had my Dakota RT. I went through THREE transmissions... Now that was in 99-2002... But I cant imagine much has changed with Chrysler. That tranny has always been the weak point for mopar.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I'm thinking more on the trans?

I remember when I had my Dakota RT. I went through THREE transmissions... Now that was in 99-2002... But I cant imagine much has changed with Chrysler. That tranny has always been the weak point for mopar.

Yes some Chrysler/Dodge transmissions are notoriously bad. And I'm pretty sure the Neon SRT-4 has it's own share of issues in this regard, no matter how major or minor. But anyone who builds a 230whp car to 5-600whp and doesn't touch the transmission deserves whatever may happen (ask me how I know).

But now we're getting off topic. Lol

Tezz500

Established Member
Yes some Chrysler/Dodge transmissions are notoriously bad. And I'm pretty sure the Neon SRT-4 has it's own share of issues in this regard, no matter how major or minor. But anyone who builds a 230whp car to 5-600whp and doesn't touch the transmission deserves whatever may happen (ask me how I know).

But now we're getting off topic. Lol

Lol true that!! Lessons learned!
And **** that 46RE.. I had it reworked 3 ****ing times. Just straight up JUNK.

Prototype007

Established Member
Skittle owners are either down to earth or full blown insecure ricers.

Sounds like you encountered the better one.

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member

1. It's a neon
2. It's a Dodge.
3. It's a neon
And
4. It's a Dodge.

TRUTH!!!

Mexico is boring, i like to travel...

Skittle owners are either down to earth or full blown insecure ricers.

Sounds like you encountered the better one.

we have both kinds around here. hadn't seen this car before or maybe just never noticed it... because Neon.

most of the local "street-ricer" kids aren't all that bad. there's a core group of actual car guys that keep most of the others in check.

kaz109

Established Member

1. It's a neon
2. It's a Dodge.
3. It's a neon
And
4. It's a Dodge.

you are simply naive and uneducated

Zemedici

Established Member
Transmission is junk in the srt4s, and the motor is not bulletproof by any means.

Good kill OP.

turd burglar

Established Member
600whp will hold on those as far as the block goes, the trans I'm not sure of though, but they're light weight cars and don't require a ton of power to move out, it's just too bad they still are a neon lol good kill op.

Users who are viewing this thread