No Deals on Used EcoBoost F150's

CobraCarrera

Established Member
Went to 2 dealers all day Saturday to look at Cert Pre Owned 2012 Eco F150's crew cabs. One had 25,xxx for $26991 and the other had 59,000 for $25,500.

After all day with both neither would budge on the price.. I thought there was some room for negotiation... The one dealer asking $26,991 ended up at final price of $29,000 and change.... I actually told the guy that I could step into a brand new 2014 F150 STX for that price. All be it that its a 5.0 not the Ecoboost I want...

Not sure what to do as I need a truck soon and my trade in (2006 BMW 330i Sport) basically would be paid off if I traded it in... What I owe on it is what they basically would pay me on it....Cant sell it on my own as I don't have anything else to drive, so trade in is what I am fine with....but really...... no one is willing to offer any flexibility...

Its not even winter yet as when prices tend to increase or stay firm......I wonder if I went out of state, but then what to do with current car as I need lower monthly payments and need to trade my in with the deal...

Just venting........:bash:

SVTORANGE

Established Member
Try EBAY you may find one in the TEXAS area at a decent price or OHIO.

I have bought 4 vehicles off EBAY from dealers and had cars delivered to my doorstep.

GOTTA love EBAY:beer:

CobraCarrera

Established Member
Try EBAY you may find one in the TEXAS area at a decent price or OHIO.

I have bought 4 vehicles off EBAY from dealers and had cars delivered to my doorstep.

GOTTA love EBAY:beer:

I been looking there as well..... Hopefully something will work out....

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
When I bought my new 2012 the used prices were almost the same as a new one after the rebates, the good and bad of them holding decent value I guess

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Price war going on new right now, makes no sense to buy used.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
You're going to be able to find very good deal on 2014s right now. Still, depending on options 26k doesn't sound bad for a 2012.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Price war going on new right now, makes no sense to buy used.

This. More and more you see new cars going for less than used cars of a year earlier. I see dealers still asking low to mid $30s on '11+ GTs but yet of you have negotiation skills you can walk out with a' 14 for less.

Panic661

Established Member
I picked my 2013 up with 13,xxx miles on it for 28,000. Gotta search around. I know around here a brand new 14 with what I wanted was going to run like 38-40 thousand.

CobraCarrera

Established Member
You're going to be able to find very good deal on 2014s right now. Still, depending on options 26k doesn't sound bad for a 2012.

Yes it actually was a real nice truck. Just the price was a little higher than I want to go for now... I found another truck in Tennessee that has decent mileage 38,000 and in the price range I am looking for..... Waiting to here back from them. I need to be out the door for under $25,000 or so.....

mustangvsix

4 point 6
Established Member
Definitely hold out for the ecoboost, its a blast to drive. I picked up a new '14 FX4 Supercrew with the ecoboost and I love that truck. I shop daily I feel for some fun turbo/go fast parts for it, but I am holding out until post warranty, probably the longest I will ever own a vehicle and not modify it in some manner. pssshhh! lol

CobraCarrera

Established Member
Definitely hold out for the ecoboost, its a blast to drive. I picked up a new '14 FX4 Supercrew with the ecoboost and I love that truck. I shop daily I feel for some fun turbo/go fast parts for it, but I am holding out until post warranty, probably the longest I will ever own a vehicle and not modify it in some manner. pssshhh! lol

That is what I am doing.... I had a few opportunities for a few crew cab 5.0's... but I really want the EcoBoost.... I guess patience will be the virtue.

VENOM1

6.0MAN
Established Member
The used car market is flooded with buyers therefor dealers do not need to negotiate due to the amount of unintelligent buyers. I would try to find one private party or on an F-150 forum before buying one from a dealer. That said in the dealership world it also depends on who you know therefor I can typically find deals on vehicles due to previous connections from my 10+ years in the industry. If you are willing to travel to Michigan I can set you up with someone who will find what you want for the price you want it for, no BS.

I have been looking for a loaded up FX4, 4X4, Super Crew Cab, Appearance Package, Nav, Roof, EcoBoost with 15K or less and am finding the same thing you are locally. Looks like I will be buying a one-way flight to Detroit...again. PM me if you need some help.

CobraCarrera

Established Member
The used car market is flooded with buyers therefor dealers do not need to negotiate due to the amount of unintelligent buyers. I would try to find one private party or on an F-150 forum before buying one from a dealer. That said in the dealership world it also depends on who you know therefor I can typically find deals on vehicles due to previous connections from my 10+ years in the industry. If you are willing to travel to Michigan I can set you up with someone who will find what you want for the price you want it for, no BS.

I have been looking for a loaded up FX4, 4X4, Super Crew Cab, Appearance Package, Nav, Roof, EcoBoost with 15K or less and am finding the same thing you are locally. Looks like I will be buying a one-way flight to Detroit...again. PM me if you need some help.

Will do... I have one as a possibility right now and it is about 3 hours away... Waiting to hear back from them as to my offer and my trade in..... Will let everyone know...

Appreciate the help and advise.... Will let you all know....

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
why wouldn't you get the 5.0? If I had the extra cash I'd do a 5.0 RCSB, drop it, and put a blower on it. New Lightning.

Gravik

Established Member
Local Ford dealer gave my friend $29k trade in on his 2011 Ecoboost. FX4, loaded, minus nav. 40k miles. So you know they won't sell that truck for less than that.

YJSONLY

Established Member
Local Ford dealer gave my friend $29k trade in on his 2011 Ecoboost. FX4, loaded, minus nav. 40k miles. So you know they won't sell that truck for less than that.

Unless they made it in the sale! You know they have other ways to make $ besides what you trade in. Either way they made $$ regardless how good of steal you think your buddy received.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
I faced the same problem when i bought my truck in 012. Used prices were within a few grand of new, sometimes the same. I ended up paying $34k for a brand new FX2 crew cab with full luxury package. Theres no point in buying used f150 these days. Might as well buy new.

Also i can tell you that the ecoboost does not get better mileage than the 5.0. Faster yes but the fuel mileage is the same. You might want to seriously consider a 5.0. It will be cheaper than the ecoboost with equivalent options.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I faced the same problem when i bought my truck in 012. Used prices were within a few grand of new, sometimes the same. I ended up paying $34k for a brand new FX2 crew cab with full luxury package. Theres no point in buying used f150 these days. Might as well buy new.

Also i can tell you that the ecoboost does not get better mileage than the 5.0. Faster yes but the fuel mileage is the same. You might want to seriously consider a 5.0. It will be cheaper than the ecoboost with equivalent options.

Stock for stock the ecoboost may be faster, but once you start modding there are much more parts available for the 5.0. The Ecoboost if very limited mainly by fuel supply.

Users who are viewing this thread