No boost with new TVS...ideas?

harmon rabb

Established Member
About the "no whine" -- the TVS is a LOT quieter than the stock unit. You'll really only hear it at full throttle. At idle, with the hood closed, there is zero whine.

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
Thanks to everyone for all the assistance/advice. I checked all hoses for cracks and made sure everything was connected properly. I'm not sure if there was a problem with any of the hose connections that I may have corrected. I also did not really mash the go pedal when I had it out, so I took another forum member's advice and mashed it. Pegged the stock gauge. All is good. The car is sluggish down low, but I only have the start-up tunes from Justin. I just sent him some log files.

Thanks again everyone!

parshal

Established Member
I have a similar issue with my newly installed TVS. I'm only getting 11 lbs. on the stock gauge. It's incredibly fast with the new blower but I don't seem get any more than 11. I got 12 with the stock blower and 2.59 pulley.

Any other thoughts from anybody? I'd expect no boost with a vacuum leak rather than 65% of total expected boost.

Snoopy49

Established Member
From the 2014 Mustang Service Manual.

Supercharger Bypass (SCB) System
The SCB system allows the high pressure air at the outlet of the supercharger to vent back into the inlet of the supercharger, equalizing the pressure. This eliminates the boost (increased pressure that the supercharger produces) for times when supercharger function is undesirable. The system uses a vacuum bypass actuator, which controls the bypass valve inside the supercharger. The system normally operates with engine vacuum applied to the upper port of the vacuum bypass actuator, while the lower port references the air pressure in the clean air tube to cancel out any pressure difference in the intake air system. The actuator is set to open (bypassing the supercharger) during high vacuum engine conditions. As the throttle is opened and engine vacuum decreases, the actuator closes to allow the supercharger to pressurize the air in the manifold.

1ulost2

Established Member
thanks snoopy..ive checked the bypass an under load i can see it open an close but maybe it has a crack or something..also have a bad front wheel speed sensor an abs light is flashing...next day off I'm a dig into it

Users who are viewing this thread