NMRA race & show this weekend!!

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
2005 NMRA event sign up!

As most of you know...our club is hosting the 2005 NMRA Nationals tour in Martin Michigan @ US-131 Raceway on April 30th and May 1st. :burnout:

We need participation commitments from our members in order to fullfill our obligation as the host club. This event will offer great fun...publicity...and $$$ for the MCT so please consider attending at least one day if at all possible. As a helper, you also get into the race track for FREE as well as the pits for FREE:rockon:

Family members and friends are more than welcome to attend and they do count as our "work force" if they choose to help. The work consists of tending the raceway entry gate, directing car show parking and registering car show entries as well as minimal set up and tear down.

We need to be at the raceway on Saturday and Sunday before 0700 and will work the event until around 3pm both days. The toughest part about last year was the heat, which will not be an issue this year.:coolman:

If you plan on doing an overnighter, I have researched two lodging choices:

1) Howard Johnson's Hotel in Grand Rapids. It is approximately 25 minutes from the Raceway but I can get all members a government rate of $60 per night for 2 double beds. This is where we stayed last year. The accomodations were fine but the drive in the morning was a bit rough after a long night.

2) Comfort Inn in Plainwell. It is only 5 minutes from the Raceway but is $89 with a AAA discount for 2 double beds...$76 for a single King.

Please Post if you plan on attending & I will add you to the list below. Specify which day(s), how many helpers and what hotel if any you prefer from above....THANKS! :beer:

FOOTNOTE: All MCT helpers can enter their car in the show on both days for FREE!!

1. Snakebite-Fri, Sat & Sun. Comfort Inn (close is good!):sleeping:
2. Dougwg-Fri, Sat & Sun. Comfort Inn
3. JB -Fri, Sat & Sun. Comfort Inn
4. Postban-Fri, Sat & Sun. Comfort Inn
5. FS MACH 1's daughter Aarica -Fri(?) Sat & Sun. Comfort Inn
6. FS MACH 1's daughter's boyfriend-Fri(?) Sat & Sun. Comfort Inn
7. JP & Bro-Fri, Sat & Sun. Comfort Inn
8. Blksnke-Sat & Sun. Comfort Inn
9. Darleen & Husband-Sat. Comfort Inn
10. WhippleChargedSonic-Sat.
11. 2HNB x 2, Fri & Sat. Comfort Inn
12. mustangary-Fri, Sat & Sun. Comfort Inn
13. T-Bone-Sat.

Last edited by a moderator:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
yep, knew you'd be there :burnout:

glad to see you're bringing the family again...they were a great help last year!

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
that was so nice of them......can't wait until they're old enough to buy beer! :D

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
well they are old enough to smoke this this year maybe you guys can get some free
smokes !!!! lol

Last edited by a moderator:

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
I'm in!
As far as the hotel/motel thing the closer the better.
That early morning drive after a late night was painful.
Postban you wanna share a room again :dw: Double beds....not a double bed.

JP

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
dougwg said:
hey postban... sounds like JP is coming back for more :fart:

:banana: SECRET :banana: MESSAGE :banana: FOR :banana: JP :banana: Encoded :banana: so :banana: Doug :banana: can't :banana: read:banana: it.

:banana: JP :banana: I'm :banana: already :banana: splitting :banana: a :banana: room :banana: with :banana: George. :banana:

:pepper: I :pepper: am :pepper: sure :pepper: some :pepper: more :pepper: guys :pepper: will :pepper: sign :pepper: on :pepper:

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
I held 5 rooms under my name at the Comfort Inn in Plainwell. Because I held a "block" of rooms the hotel has a policy that any unused rooms MUST be cancelled 2 weeks prior or I will be charged.:eek:

Therefore-

All members attending need to call the hotel and book a room of their choice as soon as possible. The price is the same either way...$89.96 for 2 dbl. beds, $76.76 for a single King. If we book a total of 10 rooms or more as a group, the price will be dropped $4.00 per room. When you call to reserve a room, tell the clerk you are with the Motor City Terminators. They will put that on the notes and try to get us together.

There are about 15 rooms available for those dates as of now. I will be cancelling the block of rooms I have under my name within 2 weeks. I'll hold them until then as a back-up in case the hotel sells out.

Thanks for your cooperation! :beer:

Comfort Inn-Plainwell Michigan
(269)685-9891

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
I'll take one room and my brother is gonna come also.
Thanks George!!!

JP

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
JP said:
I'll take one room and my brother is gonna come also.
Thanks George!!!

JP

Awesome JP!! :rockon:

Be sure to call them directly to book a room in your name. The five I have under my name are going to be held for last minute commitments or if they sell out.

Blksnke

Established Member
actually, i will arrive friday night. What time does it end on sunday.
If someonewant to share with me , they will have to put up with the snoring!!!!
Do we need any of those hand held walkie talkies??? I have 2.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
I have made reservations for Friday and Saturday nights at the Comfort Inn.

Hope to have at least a few beers both nights, unless I'm turning wrenches somewhere.

Lyle and Cliff have also both made reservations.

Dan

Last edited:

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
I think Dan is planning on trailering his car up there. He has Lyle and me as a free pit crew. :-D

I will take my car since I have to come home Sunday night.

JB, I'm looking forward to seeing you, Doug, and the other Motor City guys. We may be bringing some other Chicago people with us. They heard the words wheel standing Mustangs and Parties...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread