NMRA Michigan::

F8LBITE

4xPerformanceParts
Established Member
This is for the Heads Up Factory Stock Class. I run a 93 Cobra w/ a 5.0

Well I was twice the Bridesmaid this past weekend. We had to run the Georgia finals, since they got rained out at the beginning of April. While trying to bump the car in to stage, the car lunged alittle more than usual and while I jumped on the two step the clutch wouldn't hold the car and I rolled through the beams and went RED :cuss: So I got runner up. I lost to one of my teammates Jonathan Paulk. It was his first win in 4 years of trying. He had been to I think 4 previous finals. Now for the Michigan race. I had trouble getting the car to leave all weekend. I literally had 17 passes total in the car coming to this race, this includes the Florida race and Georgia Race. This is my 3rd National event. I won the first race in Florida having only made 3 test hits prior. I had 0 testing and hadn't sat in the car since the Georgia race. I qualified #4 w/an 11.63. I won the first round pretty easily due to my competitor having problems with an off pace 11.80 to a 12.5x. Now I had the #1 qualifier in round 2. I went in deep and tree'd him with a .024 to his .074 light. I needed it. I ran an 11.69 @ 114.xx to his 11.68 @ 116.xx margine of victory was .043. Now in the semi's I had another close race and very important race against #2 in points Jeff Schmell, I am currently #1 in points. I tree'ed him also w/ a .101 to his .120 light and ran a 11.68 @ 114.xx to his 11.69 @ 116.xx margine of victory .021 :eek: So now I'm in my 3rd final in my first 3 races ever! Basically I'm racing a guy who hasn't ever been to a final in 3 years of trying. So this class is the Real Deal. Now is where SEAT TIME played a factor. I had him covered buy .2 to .25th's and he is a consistent .200 light cutter. So we prestaged he bumped in quick as I had the same idea since it was working ok on the 2 prior rounds and I forgot to hit the button for the 2 step (SEAT TIME ISSUE) the car went to 7200rpms and in the split second of the car going to 7200/ the tree getting ready to activate I heard it and tried to grap the button but to late it rolled thru the beams and RED LIGHT again. Silver platter victory handed out #2. Shit happens, that's why we race. I'm going to Cecil County tomorrow night to do some testing. I'm definetly trying to win the Championship this year. They have a Badass ring to #1 and all the Top Ten get a jacket!

Last edited:

01Lowboy

SPTZCLNT
Established Member
Sounds like you had some pretty intense action! Gongrats on the second place finishes. Way better than anything i could hope for myself. Keep up the good work!

F8LBITE

4xPerformanceParts
Established Member
Thanks guys, I know if your going to lose it's best to do it in the Finals. I just wish I didn't beat myself. It would feel better if I actually put up a fight but oh well. I'm going to get alittle testing, and I mean alittle in before the next race in Chicago in the middle of July. I am leaving the country for vaction for a week and a half, so that doesn't help my cause.

Snakesvt04

SCREW THIS
Established Member
ya sounds like it was intense, still up in points? i may stop by cecil..i will be at JLP tomorow.i'll call u tomorow.

TRBO VNM

no worries Tommy. you are doing an amazing job for your first yr and your driving experience is paying off. nobody is perfect and it will come around. can't be that bad being the points leader. keep it up.

F8LBITE

4xPerformanceParts
Established Member
I'm currently #1 in points. Hopefully by friday I'll be rewarded my much deserved Record points from the Florida race and if so I will have alittle over 400point lead on 2nd place. Which is equivalent to alittle more than 4 rounds of racing. I feel good but it's not over until the the fat lady sings.

F8LBITE

4xPerformanceParts
Established Member
Derek@Amazon said:
good luck tommy... i thought it would have been erics year the way he went out at bowling green...

I know E-man's your boy but he has some bugs to work out. He should hopefully have it coming around by the next race in Chicago.

Allen2001GT

Established Member
congrats on your success thus far and sucks about forgetting to hit the 2 step. best of luck at the next one and hope to see you at atco.

Users who are viewing this thread