NMRA at MIR!

Bgoins

Established Member
So who's going to MIR in a couple weeks? I know there is a separate forum for just NMRA events but it's not active at all. I'm going up with my stock 13 GT A6 for the True Street. Went last year and had a great time. I look forward to this all year so just sharing the excitement!

pierce88

Established Member
Looking to head to this event and run in true street as well!

Although after last weekend at the JLP Event at Cecil County I am going to have a hard time being competitive in a class. With the BMR Upper control arm I now landed my self in 12.6-12.8 Range which gives me no help... I was previously all over the 13.0 class when I was bone stock.

(2014 GT Track Pack Car)

-Pierce

32fountain

Established Member
Looking to head to this event and run in true street as well!

Although after last weekend at the JLP Event at Cecil County I am going to have a hard time being competitive in a class. With the BMR Upper control arm I now landed my self in 12.6-12.8 Range which gives me no help... I was previously all over the 13.0 class when I was bone stock.

(2014 GT Track Pack Car)

-Pierce
Just let off before the finish. It is a guessing game but exciting at the same time. I have a 11.5 to 11.7 car and that is what I did last year. Best guess letting off the gas before the finish line averaged 12.04. Didn't win but finished 3rd. I believe first place was 12.02. It is a very competitive class.

Last edited:

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
Typically I just run all out for the first two passes and do my best to get the average with the 3rd run (which will usually be your slowest anyway).

So if you go 12.8 - 12.9 you can hit the brakes at 1000 ft to slow her down to a 13.1 -13.2

Bgoins

Established Member
I'm not sure what time I'll be getting there. Leaving from Chesapeake, VA early tomorrow morning. Waking up early won't bother me though. Like Christmas morning!

Bud

Established Member
Somebody hit us with some updates here as it goes along this weekend. Good luck to everybody in the Turbo Coyote Shootout, hopefully lots of fast cars show up

Bgoins

Established Member
Had a great time at True Street yesterday. Beautiful weather and I feel like it ran better than last year. Met some great people too!

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
It was a good event. Seems like it was bigger last year. As always, MDIR is the best run/prepped track on the NMRA circuit.

Blown38

Established Member
Racing went smooth. Not alot of breakage.

Pizza party brought to you by SCT. Thanks SCT!

20150502_205023.jpg

32fountain

Established Member
Last year I ran 12.04 average in True Street 12 second bracket and finished third. This year my first pass was 11.91 and my second pass was 12.009 averaging 11.96 for the two runs. I knew just where to let off to get another just over 12 seconds to average a very low 12 second finish. The only problem was after my burn out in first gear I forgot to put it in drive. My bad. The winner averaged 12.19. My last pass ended up being 15.373. I thought hey maybe I can move up to the 13 second bracket. My average ended up being 13.099 which was encouraging until I heard the winning time in that class was 13.03. Oh well, maybe the third time will be the charm next year.

Users who are viewing this thread