NMCA West Coast Shootout

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member
Who's racing or showing the 17th through 19th? My fox still isn't registered so I will just be spectating.

Pomona, California – Event Preview - NMCA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live right next to the track, so ill be there for sure and i plan on running even tho my car is setup for road course, atleast i can say i ran at Pomona! lol! Hey Darko lets settle have our race there lol! Best track on the west coast! Ill be there saturday and sunday.

Ford1288

Established Member
One person? This is a huge deal, we rarely get events like this in SoCal.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
i am registered for tremec true street class, and am looking forward to it!

i hope to have 4.10's in my car by then :rockon:

RARE chance to run your car at historic pomona raceway!!

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member
Registered for Tremec True Street Class! Anybody else going? Im surprised not many ppl are hyped up for this, ive gotten away from drag racing and im more hyped up for this event than everybody else here, maybe its because i live right next to the track lol!

Ford1288

Established Member
So I went to this yesterday, it was pretty dead and disappointing. Car show only had maybe 25 cars. True street was pretty fun to watch but still would have been nice to see more people out. Couple coyotes were making 10 second passes. Hopefully this comes back next year and more people take advantage of the 1/4 mile track.

SN95procharged, your car ok?

Krwy

Established Member
It was HOOOTT! I was working our trailer (Edelbrock) temp was !00*, track temp was 140* and was SLICK. Couple cars wrecked, not too many wanted to go back out. Way too hot to run during the day.

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member
So I went to this yesterday, it was pretty dead and disappointing. Car show only had maybe 25 cars. True street was pretty fun to watch but still would have been nice to see more people out. Couple coyotes were making 10 second passes. Hopefully this comes back next year and more people take advantage of the 1/4 mile track.

SN95procharged, your car ok?

Yeah the car is ok. Turns out it was blowing the spark out at 5k rpm, felt like it was hitting a rev limiter. I went back today and re gapped the plugs and it got better but still was blowing spark out at 6k rpms. Didn't get any clean passes smh...

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
anyone know why they stopped running 1/4 yesterday, and switched to 1/8?? was gonna in in open bracket today, but was only 1/8 mile, and all cars were only running 1/8 mile today.

terrible da out there with the heat/humidity

my best pass was 12.298 with a 1.8 60', but really was hoping for 11's yesterday. all in all a good time tho :rockon:

Ford1288

Established Member
I think they stopped running 1/4 due to the timing system but I could be wrong. Thought I heard that over the intercom. I'm happy that at least true street still got to run the 1/4. So they only ran the 1/8 today?

I agree it was way too hot, the stands were directly in the sun.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread