Nj obd system readiness status

Wildman113

Established Member
Really hate to bring back an old thread but a buddy of mine just had the same thing happen, took it to the tuner and he fixed the tune, says its good to go. He said it wont hurt performance in any way. My question is, if shutting all of those monitors off does nothing for performance, why do tuners shut them off?

My guess would be so that customers don't come back with error codes for cats, EGR, Evap, ect. Unfortunately, it turns off important monitors (misfire monitor, EGR codes, ect) and will not allow you to pass inspection.

On the LSx platform, you just turn off the monitors you don't need by setting them to "ready" (cats, EGR [if deleted], AIR) and leave the monitors that still work to run normally, such as EVAP, Misfire monitor, ect. Thats the best of both worlds, because you can tune out the uneccessary monitors, leave the important ones, and still pass inspection without any problems!!

Perhaps someone can answer why this can't (or just isn't) done on our cars??

Aubz

Established Member
My guess would be so that customers don't come back with error codes for cats, EGR, Evap, ect. Unfortunately, it turns off important monitors (misfire monitor, EGR codes, ect) and will not allow you to pass inspection.

On the LSx platform, you just turn off the monitors you don't need by setting them to "ready" (cats, EGR [if deleted], AIR) and leave the monitors that still work to run normally, such as EVAP, Misfire monitor, ect. Thats the best of both worlds, because you can tune out the uneccessary monitors, leave the important ones, and still pass inspection without any problems!!

Perhaps someone can answer why this can't (or just isn't) done on our cars??

Yeah i really am curious about this

Users who are viewing this thread