Nittos 555 Slow Leak

03 VENOM

Established Member
I bought 2 brand new Nittos 555 from Discount tire in Merrillville, IN. A few months ago. I checked the tire pressure yesterday and they were about 5 psi low. So I aired them back up to 32 psi. I checked them again today and they are about 5 psi low again!!! WTF?? I am so pissed if I have to take them back off and bring them in. I'm not letting them touch my car. I'm gonna spray them with water first to see where the leak is coming from. I also bought the warranty to get full replacement too.

Another thing, when I was watching them mount my tires, they were cleaning up the bead seat area of the rim with an air powered tool. Was that really necessary?? They better of not messed up my rims.

Also, I brought 1 wheel in at a time. A week apart.

When the guy put the wheel in the trunk of my other car; he dropped the wheel in the trunk and slammed it down. Morons

I was just wondering if anybody has problems with these tires ??

Thanks.

Tango7

Established Member
I don't think the tire is the problem could be a valve stem leaking a little. I have nitto555 and have had no problems.

03 VENOM

Established Member
Yes I bought them and had them mounted at discount tire. I'll take them back. It just pisses me off. Lol

SVT_Troy

Established Member
if you dont want to take your tires off to dunk test them get a spray bottle filled with water/soap mix and spray them down until you find your leak. If you didnt catch a nail its either the valve steam or around the rim thats leaking.....not to hard to determine really.

Users who are viewing this thread