Nitto NT555 front and NT555r rear safety?

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
Obviously the salesman sells the bridgestones and not the Nittos LOL! I have a good one for you. I went to a tire shop b/c one of my sensors on my 2012 coyote was acting up. It was raining outside and the tire guy comes over to me and says you're not going to be able to leave and drive in this rain, you know that right? I'm like why not? He says you have mickey thompsons on the car. they're like ice skates on water. It's very dangerous. Let me show you these Goodyears that are very good in rain. My tires had like 5k miles on them and they are mickey thompson street comps lol. They are great in the rain.

Anyways man see my signature. I've ran the 555 g2 on front and 555r in the rear of my cobra for probably 3k miles or so. Does great. You won't have any problems at all. Feels really good with the set up in fact

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
safety for what exactly? carving corners and preventing tire spinning under boost? the NT05r is far better then that but won't last as long. the 555r doesn't hook for shit imo. waste of fukn money!

the bridgestone will absolutely grip better wen carving corners tho. if thats what ur into then the sale men is right.

FreddyFingers

Merica
Established Member
safety for what exactly? carving corners and preventing tire spinning under boost? the NT05r is far better then that but won't last as long. the 555r doesn't hook for shit imo. waste of fukn money!

the bridgestone will absolutely grip better wen carving corners tho. if thats what ur into then the sale men is right.
I've seen alot of vettes with the NT05

Sent from my SM-G935V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

FreddyFingers

Merica
Established Member
So, in the moment I went with the Bridgestones cuz my wife called her Dad that is a master mechanic and stock car racer and his opinion was that the drag radial would only last like 1500 miles and she got all upset that I was going to put drag radials on. Guess I'll find out just how good they hook after a couple launches on the street.

choate

Established Member
My 555r hook up pretty well man. Sure they don't stick like a slick on a prepped track but they may spin some but they hook pretty quick after a just a little spin. I think I'll get 10k out of them easily. Maybe 15 but I wouldn't drive in rain once they get worn down

Zemedici

Established Member
My 555rs put my 619whp to the ground just fine......daily driven car, driven in rain weekly - just don't drive like an asshat and I don't see how people get crossed up....

01yellercobra

Established Member
I ran 555's up front and 555R's in the rear for years. Including when it was a daily. Naturally when they were cold they didn't hook. But once warm they were good. That was with a mid 600hp car. I'd get between 10k and 15k miles out of them.

I never had a problem in the rain either. The people that have problems in the rain usually have no tread left.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
their not made for launching bro their gonna spin like crazy if u make any decent power. 1500 miles....? lmao ur gettn bad advice bro! not even close. apparently ur father in law has never actually driven on the street with either tire.

maybe if you put a full drag slick on ur car u mite only get 1500 miles out of it. you would get 5000 miles with the NT05r so the 555r will last 10,000 miles easily!

and corvette guys are more concerned with handling then launching. the 555r will not hook bro if u make decent power so the Bridgestone is gonna be like a skating ring going down the hi-way.

u want any decent traction get the NT05R's. WORLD of difference between a drag radial 555r vs NT05r in traction and longevity.

You need to decide if you want your car to hook up or do you want a long lasting tire. u aint gettn both.....

So, in the moment I went with the Bridgestones cuz my wife called her Dad that is a master mechanic and stock car racer and his opinion was that the drag radial would only last like 1500 miles and she got all upset that I was going to put drag radials on. Guess I'll find out just how good they hook after a couple launches on the street.

FreddyFingers

Merica
Established Member
their not made for launching bro their gonna spin like crazy if u make any decent power. 1500 miles....? lmao ur gettn bad advice bro! not even close. apparently ur father in law has never actually driven on the street with either tire.

maybe if you put a full drag slick on ur car u mite only get 1500 miles out of it. you would get 5000 miles with the NT05r so the 555r will last 10,000 miles easily!

and corvette guys are more concerned with handling then launching. the 555r will not hook bro if u make decent power so the Bridgestone is gonna be like a skating ring going down the hi-way.

u want any decent traction get the NT05R's. WORLD of difference between a drag radial 555r vs NT05r in traction and longevity.

You need to decide if you want your car to hook up or do you want a long lasting tire. u aint gettn both.....
Lol, I'm of the same mind. I spun the he'll outta the regular 555s on the rear so I know the Bridgestones aren't gonna hook. Good info on the mileage though, maybe I should take the ol lady for a ride and show her how bad regular summer street tires are on the back. I make enough power to know that regular streeties aren't enough that's for sure.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Milage depends on how spirted you drive. If you like to hammer on it and accelerate hard, you will only get 3-5k miles out of DR's. If you cruise around and never put the tire to it limits,vthen you will get 10k miles out of them.

I got 3k out of a set of BFG DR's and 5k out of my next set. Obviously burnouts and racing take effect too.

And good luck to launching on the street on a street tire..... or a DR for that matter.

01yellercobra

Established Member
All I can say is my 555R's hooked hard enough to grenade an inner CV on my 01 shifting from 1st to 2nd. Yes, I was showing off a little.

choate

Established Member
All I can say is my 555R's hooked hard enough to grenade an inner CV on my 01 shifting from 1st to 2nd. Yes, I was showing off a little.

I don't know how people say they suck. I'm not saying it's the stickest tire you can get but even with a VMP on my cobra it still hooks up pretty damn good I think

01yellercobra

Established Member
I don't know how people say they suck. I'm not saying it's the stickest tire you can get but even with a VMP on my cobra it still hooks up pretty damn good I think
That's how I look at them. I'm sure others are stickier. But to me the 555R is a good mix of wear and traction.

jrichber

browser
Established Member
I am with you I had 555R when I bought my car and they didnt have a whole lot left and still grabbed pretty good. I just got another set and unless I dump the clutch trying to spin they hook great. I contemplated that NT-05R but wanted more miles and I am glad I went with the 555R again.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
I am at 585 rwhp and have two sets of 555rs since i have owned the car. The first set when i bought it and the one that is on the car now. I don't work them very hard and that does make a difference. I did get caught in a good rain once while the tires were fairly new and they worked fine.

badmpg03

Established Member
To me, The r compounds make the difference. Just so ppl don't mix them up.
I have had
555r
NT 01
Nt 01r
The 555 or just regular NT01 are not as good.
I am running some r's right now and they hook all of 640whp in second when a little warmed. They are also sketchy as f* if you get caught in the rain.

Users who are viewing this thread