Nitto NT05's and Nitto 555r's pics/review

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
Just wanted to give everyone a quick look of the Nitto NT05's on the Gen 2 Lightning.

I honestly think the NT05 is the ugliest tire I've ever seen in my life as far as tread pattern goes, but for dry-weather hookup/stability around corners, this tire is leaps and bounds above the stock Goodyears.

I don't have any wet-weather info yet either, as I just got them yesterday, and its been gorgeous outside.....will report on this once I get it wet.

The 555R's for the rears for daily-driving work great at 400rwhp/497rwtq.. they stick great. No complains here.

I'll be installing the Hotchiks suspension shortly and will really be able to put these tires to the test around the twisties...will update once this happens.

IMG_1157.JPG

IMG_1158.JPG

IMG_1159.JPG

IMG_1160.JPG

IMG_1161.JPG

IMG_1162.JPG

MaxPower

She likes Spaghetti
Established Member
I dont think they look bad :shrug:

...but the center area does almost make them look like a "back" tire...

...holding off on buying any new front tires - I >really< want to go to a full-time front skinny/rear 'meaty' setup. :burnout:

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
Let us know how they do in the rain. I think they look great.

I'm sure we'll get some this weekend. I've heard good things about them from guys that have GT500's that run them.... same tire/size...etc. It would be nice to actually have a tire on my truck that acts like a knife in the rain, not a ski. :pepper:

02SILVERBULLET

horsepower addict
Established Member
Thats a pricey set of tires!

900 for a set of 4 shipped or a few even had them listed less, i think that is awesome price considering the tires performance. i love mine!

Let us know how they do in the rain. I think they look great.

they did great for me! i think as long as they are near new they are good, but once they wear they will loose wet performance fast. as they only have 7/32" tread when new

i have a few thousand miles on mine and i think they will be the next set of tires also.

Parkin Lot Pmpn

Established Member
dont hate but i will be the first to say i am not a fan of the design of the tires but anything that will actually hook up is worth it.

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
Just drove through a rainstorm... took the truck up to about 85MPH... no issues whatsoever. When you really get on it, the rear of course wants to kick out a bit, but the front/steering was planted. The truck still felt solid, confident.

2003svtf150

Sledge
Established Member
I'll be installing the Hotchiks suspension shortly and will really be able to put these tires to the test around the twisties...will update once this happens.

Just checking to see if you have gotten your Hotchkis suspension set up yet. Mine is being installed in August and I'm curious as to how those NT05s look under the beast.

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
Rich, how are the NT05's doing? Any road noise? ...............

No road noise that I can hear whatsoever. I have a nominally quiet cat-back for my exhaust.....so I should be able to hear any tire-noise issues..

I had the Lightning at 90mph the other day on the highway with in raining, and zero issues.

:rockon:

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
Just checking to see if you have gotten your Hotchkis suspension set up yet. Mine is being installed in August and I'm curious as to how those NT05s look under the beast.

The stance is much improved, and driveability is 10-fold better. Love it.

I'll wash it up and get some high-res pics of it and post them up.

View attachment 4760
View attachment 4761

Users who are viewing this thread