Nitto DR 275/60/15 revs per mile SCT X4 input?

rotarymagic

Established Member
For those running Nitto 555R 275/60/15 DR's, what is your revs per mile input for the SCT X4 (I'm sure this is the same with all SCTs)? Stock input is 740, correct? I saw a few different results for the Nittos that were quite a bit different from each other so I'm asking on the forum. Thanks in advance!

wile2k

Established Member
Rev's per mile is usually a published number. Jegs has that tire listed with some data not shown on Nitto's website. Jegs has that at 748 revolutions per mile. I'd start there and then check with a GPS to fine tune if needed.

twistedneck

Established Member
forget about reality.. the sct really does not have the absolute number calculated in, its WAY off.. example, last year with my 3.73 and a 27" tire I had to tell the sct it was a 4.10 with 725 revs / mile. if you go over that revs per mile, it crashes and reverts back to about 600 rev's / mile even though its clearly set at 730.

I changed to a 3.15 this year with the same tire. I currently have it set at 3.73 gear and 650 rev's per mile. those numbers mean nothing, however now I can hone in on the speedo.. I got it close now just by changing the rev's / mile. at least I don't have to make macro changes with the ratio setting.. sucks we have to do a full re-tune just to change the speedo. I use a phone program to do gps speed - set cruise at 70 and see how close you are.

Users who are viewing this thread