Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Other

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GokartMozart315

Established Member
245s on the stock 01 17-inchers. aggressive driving, summer tire since it's not my daily driver, but it needs to get around in the rain and hold up decently well.

replacing 555s which i very much liked, but open to the conti's or other suggestions

pbeechner

Established Member
I had the Conti's before I put on my 555R's (DR). They lasted me 21,000 miles on the rear. And you CAN put the 275s on the stock wheels, that's what I did, little or no bulge. With the 275's in weather less than 45ish degrees they would not hook up under abuse. Otherwise, they are great in the rain and I even had them in the snow :nonono:

mike.b

Established Member
i have 315/35 nittos on the back for street duty right now, they have done pretty well. playing around on the streets is all they have and will see. et streets for the track, lol.

GokartMozart315

Established Member
I had the Conti's before I put on my 555R's (DR). They lasted me 21,000 miles on the rear. And you CAN put the 275s on the stock wheels, that's what I did, little or no bulge. With the 275's in weather less than 45ish degrees they would not hook up under abuse. Otherwise, they are great in the rain and I even had them in the snow :nonono:

wow, 275s on those? the tire rack guy said 245 was the biggest...any pics you can post? also, on the non-DR, would a wider tire hinder traction in the wet, or decrease tread life? wish i knew more about tires lol.

and you have a beautiful car collection. i'm from harrison originally, where in ny are you?

pbeechner

Established Member
wow, 275s on those? the tire rack guy said 245 was the biggest...any pics you can post? also, on the non-DR, would a wider tire hinder traction in the wet, or decrease tread life? wish i knew more about tires lol.

and you have a beautiful car collection. i'm from harrison originally, where in ny are you?

Hmm, well I put the 275 conti's on the rears no problem. I think they may run a little narrower than some other brands. My Nitto 275's are wider than the Conti 275's were. I just think you would have some issues trying to get traction with the 245's. Again, my conti's were pretty good in the rain unless I was heading straight for gigantic standing water.... My 555R's are pretty squirrely in the heavy rain.

Thanks for the car compliment! Gonna get the BMW restored next year! I'm originally from Wappingers Falls, but I've been in Binghamton the last 5 years for engineering school....

GokartMozart315

Established Member
Hmm, well I put the 275 conti's on the rears no problem. I think they may run a little narrower than some other brands. My Nitto 275's are wider than the Conti 275's were. I just think you would have some issues trying to get traction with the 245's. Again, my conti's were pretty good in the rain unless I was heading straight for gigantic standing water.... My 555R's are pretty squirrely in the heavy rain.

Thanks for the car compliment! Gonna get the BMW restored next year! I'm originally from Wappingers Falls, but I've been in Binghamton the last 5 years for engineering school....

well, which of the two did you prefer...?

definitely do that. any chance you know paul o'brien from wappinger's, or barry berger at from bing engineering? know paul from college and barry from high school

pbeechner

Established Member
well, which of the two did you prefer...?

definitely do that. any chance you know paul o'brien from wappinger's, or barry berger at from bing engineering? know paul from college and barry from high school

I feel like I know a Paul O'Brien, maybe he went to my high school??? not sure, it's funny because my name is Paul haha.

As for the tires, I prefer the NT555R's (Drag Radials), but they should only last 10-15k miles at most and the Conti's are more practical. It's really about what you want. If you're going to drive your car at temps under 20F don't buy the Nittos lol

GokartMozart315

Established Member
I feel like I know a Paul O'Brien, maybe he went to my high school??? not sure, it's funny because my name is Paul haha.

As for the tires, I prefer the NT555R's (Drag Radials), but they should only last 10-15k miles at most and the Conti's are more practical. It's really about what you want. If you're going to drive your car at temps under 20F don't buy the Nittos lol

ohhh i forgot you had the dr's, i'd be getting the non-dr's. i'm leaning towards the contis as they last longer and even though more expensive, the free nook that comes with offsets the price

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I hate the radial 555's due to their weak tread life, I had 2 sets of new 275's in the rear and both lasted less than 10K miles with no burnouts, for that lameness I went with ET Streets!

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
When I bought my car it had 285 Nitto 555's and bulged some but 275's probably wouldnt look that bad.

fangs99

Established Member
Nitto NT05's.....I'm running 315's on my cobra and they do good in the rain unless there's an inch of water over the road. so I think a 275 NT05 will be a good choise.....they are a great choice between a street tire and a drag raidial.

eddyroxx

Established Member
i have the continentals and i love them. decided to get them after reading all the reviews on tirerack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread