Nitroused 5.4 Is DONE! Many Pics Inside! Got 1 Question NEED answer Now!

venomous96svt

Established Member
Nice....

Let me start off by saying; " that's one sick motor " :rockon: BUT,

Could you please go into further details on your motor, as I'm also in the means of finishing my very own 5.4 DOHC...:lol:

i.e.
what kinda heads did you use?
what kinda cams and valvetrain?
whats the static compression ratio?
Rods and pistons?
what size injectors?
FMU?
etc...

thanks,
Alex

Last edited:

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
It seems to me that it is nothing more than the Navi motor transplanted.

Was refering back to Venomus's post previous to mine. Didn't want you to think I was pissing on your engine choice.

Last edited:

venomous96svt

Established Member
85gtCobra,

Your avatar is very hypnotic, as I caught myself in a trance I could not get out of...:uh oh: i love it:)

I wish my avatar had the same effect...:(

I had to :kaboom: myself back into reality.

Last edited:

ian022

Established Member
if you go to karkraft.com they always have navi motors for sale. of course you would want to do a rebuild with forged internals....but you can pick up a navi motor for a thousand bucks!!! like i mentioned earlier...anyone who wants more info about this swap go to the corral, it is discussed in much detail.
Ian

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
Actually the crank of the Navi motor is forged so rods and pistons would be the only weak links. On the stock motor with no changes 500 or more is not un common.

Derek8819

Established Member
Ok Here are some details since you guys wanna know so much.

Its a STOCK navigator motor, forged crank, hypernautic rods and pistons, stock heads (flow PLENTY) and stock cams. I did a complete rebuild with all ARP hardware and Fel Pro Gaskets. The Cams are EXACTLY the same grind as 03 cobra cams. The motor from the factory has a 10:1 compression, so I didnt wanna mess with that. The intake is a ported and polished 01 Cobra intake, it comes NOWHERE near bolting to the heads with simple modifications. Reichard racing makes a set of adapter plates to convert to it made of billit aluminum (which I am using). I am using the Stock GT computer, stock GT harness, and Stock GT rails and injectors. I have a 255lph in tank though. I had to custom weld brackets to the GT rails and had to use an aluminum line as a front crossover to keep my stock return fuel system. I am using STOCK 03 cobra exhaust manifolds and even these had to be modified to clear the factory K member. I am using my stock 97 GT t45 trasmission with 3.55s and steel driveshaft. I pretty much spent the least I could dropping this motor into the car. I just wanted to see if it would fit. I think this is about the closest to a stock motor you could put in it. I have MANY parts to put on once I get some baseline numbers on it. I wanted to see what a stock one would run in the car. I am having it tuned to go up to 36lb injectors, but I wanna see how the 19s handle it. This is basically my test mule and cost me under 1500$ to put in, and thats incuding buying the motor blown up for 60$ from a church van! They used 20-50 in it and it spun 2 main bearings and was just gunked up. After rebuild now she purrrrrrs! I think the ONLY modification that is ABSOLUTLY needed is a tubular K member, the stock one clears, but boy its tight! I dont have problems with my master cyl clearing, but I know many are tighter than mine on that side for some reason. Any other questions, I will post back on here tonight.

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
I am in the market for a new car right now, and if I can find a 99 GT for the right price I think I am going to do this exact swap. Thanks for telling us so much. I have been asking around for people who have done this swap, and I'll tekk ya they are few and far between.

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread