Nitrous with cobra jet intake

1993fox

Established Member
I know that ford says not to use nitrous with this intake but I was wondering why not and if you could run a small shot like a 50-75?

Nitrous Outlet

Established Member
It can be done, they are just covering their end on warranty because its a plastic intake. No different than the factory GT or Boss intake. Buy one, send it to me, we can plumb it

Voltwings

Established Member
A CJ plate setup would be pretty bitchin ;)

I havent looked terribly hard, but is there already a plate kit for the gt500 since the TB's are interchangeable?

1993fox

Established Member
I was thinking about running a plate kit also but I didn't know if they had any for the GT500. It would definatly be sweet.

NitrousExpress

Established Member
I was thinking about running a plate kit also but I didn't know if they had any for the GT500. It would definatly be sweet.

We offer a GT500 spray barless plate, the spray bars are integrated. It is a really nice piece. Wether or not to go Direct Port or nozzle/plate depends on what horsepower levels you are going for. I would say anything 300 or under a plate or nozzle would be fine, anything above, you'll really need to start looking into a direct port. Give me a call at 940-767-7694 if you have any questions.

-Garrett

clc44

Established Member
I have a '13 GT A6 that I dd. I think nx is perfect for me as I plan on getting the CJ set up soon. I'm about to install my long tubes and o/r x pipe. Those mods were ordered in preparation of the CJ intake mani w/ mono TB. I don't get on my car very often, figured why spend the money on a blower? I can piece all of this together over a few years. I want it to be VERY safe. I know nothing about nitrous, other than it's bad ass! What would y'all suggest for someone like me? I'd maybe spray it a few times over a month or two and at track visits (once-twice a year). I'm thinking 100 shot and have it kick in right out of the hole. I'd think 10.50-10.80 at 127+ on a good drag radial would be obtainable. Thanks for any help!

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
I'm putting together my CJ plate kit right now. I have pretty much everything I need. I just need to install now, I hope to have the install done by the end of Dec.

A picture of some of the stuff I've gathered for the install.

20151113_194421_HDR.jpg

debit_free_2010

Established Member
I have a '13 GT A6 that I dd. I think nx is perfect for me as I plan on getting the CJ set up soon. I'm about to install my long tubes and o/r x pipe. Those mods were ordered in preparation of the CJ intake mani w/ mono TB. I don't get on my car very often, figured why spend the money on a blower? I can piece all of this together over a few years. I want it to be VERY safe. I know nothing about nitrous, other than it's bad ass! What would y'all suggest for someone like me? I'd maybe spray it a few times over a month or two and at track visits (once-twice a year). I'm thinking 100 shot and have it kick in right out of the hole. I'd think 10.50-10.80 at 127+ on a good drag radial would be obtainable. Thanks for any help!

I'm not trying to snake any vendors out of a sale, however the DEI 110005 bare bones EFI kit for $420 really can't be beat, DEI uses the Wilson Pro Flow bottle with their hi flow valve, get a fuel rail adapter $50 and use the Cometic MT1352 nitrous controller $270, a set of plugs and you'll have a fairly safe 100hp on tap.

debit_free_2010

Established Member
I'm putting together my CJ plate kit right now. I have pretty much everything I need. I just need to install now, I hope to have the install done by the end of Dec.

A picture of some of the stuff I've gathered for the install.

20151113_194421_HDR.jpg

Wow, those are some big solenoids you've got there, do yourself a favor and get a billet bottle mount,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Single-10lb-15lb-Nitrous-NOS-Billet-Bottle-Mounting-Bracket-Kit-ZEX-NX-N2O-/121328558557?hash=item1c3fbee1dd:g:MigAAOSw14xWQaOa&vxp=mtr

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member

Those billet mounts are awesome, but I've already bought a different set of mounts. I'm doing my n20 build on a budget. It's only a temporary power solution, in
2017 I'll be doing turbos on the car.

Users who are viewing this thread