Votes: 11 91.7%
  • Dry

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JTSVT

Equal Opportunity AzzKker
Established Member
OK guys Im about to purchase a Wet Kit but just wanna make sure im getting the right one.....Please let me know what you guys suggest or your running and why....would you change it if you could do it over again....Ive always read that Wet Kit is better for our cars, although Ive seen a few ppl disagree.....PLEASE help me out w. this...I want power, but I also wanna be safe!---JT

SVTHorsnake

Banned
unless you're going to build the bottom end, I don't see the point of spending the money on a wet kit if you're just going to have to tune it down... not trying to sound like a dick or anything, but just buy a mean dry kit.

NXSVTCOBRA

arent the bottom ends of cobras already built???

but i agree you should go with a dry shot, you already have the blower and fuel going to that motor, you just need a little boost right?? so just spray like a dry 75 shot or so........ there's guys on this board spraying dry shots on their car..... maybe they'll speak up??

SVTHorsnake

Banned
Sprayed_Pony said:
arent the bottom ends of cobras already built???

but i agree you should go with a dry shot, you already have the blower and fuel going to that motor, you just need a little boost right?? so just spray like a dry 75 shot or so........ there's guys on this board spraying dry shots on their car..... maybe they'll speak up??

by "built", I meant aftermarket. yes, the terminators are forged, but it's not a tough as people think it is. you'll spend alot for a wet kit and you won't be able to get what you want out of it.

EDIT: if you have the cash, do a really agressive wet kit, blow the stock block, then build a mean shortblock.

Last edited:

jaimemoney

Established Member
yeah more info and while u guys at it let me know what kind should i get for my 2001 bullitt.

have bbk full cai, jba titanium shorty headers, mac pro chamber, flowmasters, 3.73 gears, superchip and a good tune, but in a year and half i will be getting a fully built 03 motor.

thanks

JTSVT

Established Member
SVTHorsnake said:
wet kit people, don't just vote, please make your cases.

Bump to that....this thread is useless w/o explanations/opinions/expriences......JT

JTSVT

Established Member
SVTHorsnake said:
you've got more votes for the wet kit, but you have a case made for the dry.

True......C'Mon wet kit guys whats tha deal??..... :pop: ---JT

lafave

Cop didn't see it....
Established Member
According to Kenne Bell

We don't recommend any "dry" Nitrous system for a supercharged Cobra or Lightning-especially the Cobra. You're playing with fire. There's no easier way to blow an engine. If you must run Nitrous; 1- use a "wet" system and 2- have it custom tuned on a dyno with an accurate air fuel meter and the necessary tuning software and equipment before you even think about stepping on it. If you have to use this stuff, then add a Kenne Bell BOOST-A-PUMP™ for insurance.

They don't really give a good explaination, but I'm sure they have experience with this stuff.

SVTHorsnake

Banned
lafave said:
We don't recommend any "dry" Nitrous system for a supercharged Cobra or Lightning-especially the Cobra. You're playing with fire. There's no easier way to blow an engine. If you must run Nitrous; 1- use a "wet" system and 2- have it custom tuned on a dyno with an accurate air fuel meter and the necessary tuning software and equipment before you even think about stepping on it. If you have to use this stuff, then add a Kenne Bell BOOST-A-PUMP™ for insurance.

They don't really give a good explaination, but I'm sure they have experience with this stuff.

they say that because they have an interest in others running a wet kit, such as selling chips, and most importantly, a Kenne Bell BOOST-A-PUMP™. Any car is perfectly fine running a 75, or even a 100 shot dry kit before the maf without a tune.

lafave

Cop didn't see it....
Established Member
SVTHorsnake said:
they say that because they have an interest in others running a wet kit, such as selling chips, and most importantly, a Kenne Bell BOOST-A-PUMP™. Any car is perfectly fine running a 75, or even a 100 shot dry kit before the maf without a tune.

I'm not much of a fan for KB customer service, because I have dealt with them via email and their responses are always arrogant and vague.

But, when I read that piece about NOS, it sounds to me like they don't recommend it period. Regardless of wet or dry, they discourage it. I'd like to know why. Like the email responses that I got, the explanation left more questions than answers.

Last edited:

SVTHorsnake

Banned
lafave said:
I'm not much of a fan for KB customer service, because I have dealt with them via email and their responses are always arrogant and vague.

But, when I read that piece about NOS, it sounds to me like they don't recommend it period. Regardless of wet or dry, they discourage it. I'd like to know why. Like the email responses that I got, the explanation left more questions than answers.

true, One guy on this board nitrous people may want to ask is Juiced-03 (I think that's his sn). He's tried several nitrous applications, and, as far as I know, it's all on stock metal and he's never blown anything up.

EDIT: I've also heard bad things about KB, but not first hand so I can't judge.

z-eater

stock with pulley
Established Member
i got a NX wet kit and i havent even tuned the car for it.
car runs perfect no problems at all, i have already sprayed car like 60 times
i fill my bottle every week.
trust me you will be fine i spray 100 shoot and let me tell you there is a big difference with a nitrous on.
make sure you get the NGK colder plugs

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
SVTHorsnake said:

Which nitrous kit do you currently use....wet or dry? I have to say your quote is the worse advise I've read to date on this forum. So what your saying is, no tune is needed to spray a 75 or 100 dry shot before the MAF on any car, stock or modded? A dry shot is dependent upon a reliable fuel system to keep your a/f ratio at a safe level. In most cases, a modded Cobra at say 500 rwhp is close to, if not already, maxxing the fuel pump duty cycle, not to mention, pegging the stock MAF.Do you really want to advise people to spray a 100 shot with a pegged MAF and not enough fuel?

If your going to play with nitrous, GET A TUNE FOR IT! with supporting mods, wet or dry.

SVTHorsnake

Banned
Hissssnsvt said:
Which nitrous kit do you currently use....wet or dry? I have to say your quote is the worse advise I've read to date on this forum. So what your saying is, no tune is needed to spray a 75 or 100 dry shot before the MAF on any car, stock or modded? A dry shot is dependent upon a reliable fuel system to keep your a/f ratio at a safe level. In most cases, a modded Cobra at say 500 rwhp is close to, if not already, maxxing the fuel pump duty cycle, not to mention, pegging the stock MAF.Do you really want to advise people to spray a 100 shot with a pegged MAF and not enough fuel?

If your going to play with nitrous, GET A TUNE FOR IT! with supporting mods, wet or dry.

I don't think he'll be pegging that maf with a 75 shot dry shot, thanks for explaining how fuel systems work, the maf will add fuel when a 75 shot is running through it. The critical component is that he leave the MAF screen IN! The screen mixes the air so the maf gets a more consistent sample when reading as the maf only rates a sample of the air that moves through.

EDIT: to answer your other question, I used to have a 100 dry shot on the car with no tune for it I was able to switch between jets and let the maf take it's readings. I went to boost and methanol and got rid of the nitrous.

Last edited:

JTSVT

Established Member
So the decision still seems alittle vague...My worry w/ the wet kit is puddling....I mean its got to go somewhere.....BUT I only sway towards the wet kit because ppl have been running it and they arent having any problems....I mean hell Z-eater has sprayed at least 60 times on NO TUNE and so far so good (although Im not saying thats smart....lol).....I will have my car tuned for it, so that lessens my worries.......still need some more knowledgeable opinions!----JT

Users who are viewing this thread