Nitrous tuning question

GCubersoldat

Established Member
Just had a quick question in regards to the nitrous tune for my car. its a 2014 GT which will be spraying a 100 shot(NX plate kit). running the TR7 plugs and have a window switch as well but need to know if adjusting the tune would be as easy as pulling timing -3 since its a wet kit or is there something else? wouldnt wanna dish out 300-400 on a custom tune if it wasnt necessary. any input is appreciated. Thanks

GCubersoldat

Established Member
Just had a quick question in regards to the nitrous tune for my car. its a 2014 GT which will be spraying a 100 shot(NX plate kit). running the TR7 plugs and have a window switch as well but need to know if adjusting the tune would be as easy as pulling timing -3 since its a wet kit or is there something else? wouldnt wanna dish out 300-400 on a custom tune if it wasnt necessary. any input is appreciated. Thanks
Anyone?

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I'd pull 4 degrees or More with a hundred shot depending on your current normally aspirated tune. If your running an atomizing nozzle that will take care of your air fuel when the NOS is activated. ONE more important thing you need to close your plug gap with a shot that size which I'm sure you know cause of your Bullit in the sig..

nate-roth

Established Member
The 2011+ coyotes use closed loop wot fueling. Whatever the fueling set-up is in the tune the car will run at. So when the car reads the addtional fuel from the wet kit it will pull fuel from the injectors to try and run at whatever fueling is set in your n/a tune. The car will be lean. You will need a tune with the correct afr for nitrous, there is really no way around it. The nitrous tune obviously will also have changes in the wot timing tables.

Contact Chris Jones at BBR, they are very good with the nitrous tunes, pretty local to you, and I believe they are around $250.

U LOSE

Established Member
Typically you pull 2 degrees of timing for every 50 shot of nitrous. But that is just a rule of thumb. some cars need to pull more some don't. Do not run nitrous with just guessing at the timing and the AFR. get a tune for sure. You can't just hook up the correct air and fuel jets and run the car. I'v had friends do that and their AFR was way off, most of the time way lean.

GCubersoldat

Established Member
appreciate the replies, after careful consideration ended up going with a lund tune. have yet to spray it yet as the window switch i had failed on me so i ordered an MSD one. the N/A tune from lund though is awesome...excellent support and theyre local so its a win-win

Users who are viewing this thread