Nitrous questions !

sleepermobile2

Established Member
I'm trying to decide which route to take . My car is an 01 and I guess thats my problem. I'm limited with this 2.1 KB . I built the motor pretty solid and should be good for 800 rwhp . So I'm looking for more power but not sure about this nitrous. The motor is making 608 now so 200 ish hp is what I'm wanting , not any more power needed . It's going to cost me 6-7k to do a swap with a bigger blower. So you guys that use nitrous I'm wondering what your ETs dropped using it ? I'd use a 125 shot and would hope to get 150 out of it . So what is expected with the nitrous as far as et and mph ? Also the guys using nitrous I'm wondering if you'd go the nitrous route again, or would you just go bigger blower . The car runs on e85 now and I have a lot of good stuff, but only 608 so I'm doing something different , just not sure which way to go ...

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
How much boost are U running with that 2.1? U can spin it to 18 or so and modify the inlet or run a mammoth style inlet pick up some good power I just modified my inlet on my 1.5l and had a 4 in vac restriction I picked up 2 lb boost and probably 75+ hp

sleepermobile2

Established Member
I have about 13.8 psi with a pulley a little under 3 inches . I have an accufab single blade and the inlet has a little work or grinding done to it . I'm afraid of a smaller pulley having belt slip . I have a 6 rib set up on it now . I also drive the car a lot in the summer and have driven it across country a few times . I guess it's a street car and the blower is supposed to make a lot of heat . Although I love this blower, it's been great. I'd love to talk to someone who's used a 2.1 at 18 psi ......

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
I spin my 1.5 to 17k with a 2.5 in pulley and stock crank no slip u would be fine the 2.5 would give 18 psi or u could keep the 3 and use a ati or innovators west 10% of crank and have 18 psi and better belt contact with zero chance of slip 350-400 bucks for the crank pulley or 70 bucks for blower pulley. I'm going down to a 2.25 pulley and sandblasting the ribs for better grip just in case

sleepermobile2

Established Member

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
Yea it's an inlet off of a 03-04 2.6 kennebell they flow 1000 cfm stock and he worked it a bit so probably about 1100-1200 cfm now the gt and all the other 2.1 inlets flow like 600 or so sow it becomes a big restriction about 4000 Rpms I found this out on my cobra opening up the inlet to 1000 plus gained me 2 psi on a 1.5l

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
U could always do your own like I did mine some sheet aluminum and a tug welder will cost about 200-300 bucks at a welding shop but for that price is very good the mph behemoths are expensive!!!! 1000 buck or more

Users who are viewing this thread