Nitrous Question

Juiced-03

Established Member
Haveight,

You say you had problems keeping the fuel pressure up with a wet kit. How big of a shot were you running? It sounds like you were running a bigger shot than most plan on!

imswheel

Quality SVT Poster
Established Member
NOS with Propane

MOPAR = "Move over, people are racing" but our VIPER buddies have had good results adding propane and NOS. Do a google search and several good sites will pop up. (I added that for you KLRVPR, I know you lurk this site)

I have built a propane only system that triggers when the engine goes lean (13:1 AFR). It is bench tested and I will put it on the car in the next few weeks. I am using this as a kind of failsafe to protect the engine if "bad" things start to happen. Some local VIPER owners were very helpful with this latest project of mine!

In the long run I will add some NOS as well. Propane seems to solve most of the fuel / timing / tuning issues that we face. Just something to think about.

"Happy New Year" to everyone!

HAVEIGHT 13R

Established Member
I was running a 75 shot . But I agree with another fuel system idae as well but I like simple when it comes to something like this, that would work fine. I just speaking form my epierience

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
If your current tune A/F readings are 11.8 from 2500rpm to 6500rpm you will NOT require a tune.....if u run a WET shot.

Puddling will not happen as long as the SHOT is not entering the Plenum to the S/C Blades prior to WOT.

Nitrous Express makes the best Wet Kit in the market, IMO & you dont need to mess with the MAF Sending Unit to get the A/F right or even a re-tune.....but best be safe to have it on a dyno to get ur A/F checked out.

38 Nitrous & 18 Fuel worked great.

larryc7777

Established Member
Here's my thoughts on fuel puddling. Whenever an air/fuel charge encounters a solid object, some of the liquid from that charge is deposited on that object. N/A cars have it to some extent because of the bends in the intake tract that cause contact. However, our cars have that problem PLUS the rotors of the SC AND the fins of the intercooler beneath the SC. I think that those fins are a killer to a wet kit that is sprayed anywhere ahead of the SC. I can't imagine how the cylinders could possibly get equal doses of fuel & N2O after negotiating that fuel-grabbing path. Now, if you spray a wet kit right at the intake valve, you have a dynomite system. I'll be testing my ZEX dry kit sometime this week on the dyno. I'll post the results with different combos of jet/tune settings.

Users who are viewing this thread