Nitrous Outlet plate kit (wet) vs JMS progressive (dry)

NoSlo5oH

Established Member
Very nice CTPerformance. How and which side of the trunk did you guys mount the bottle?

Last edited:

try03venom

Established Member
It would break right near the ferrul closest to the solenoid. I would snip off the broken piece and put a new ferrul on, but it would just burst again on the next run.
Switching to braided steel has allows it to work flawlessly. They should come from JMS with a braided steel line.
Ever try the .63 jet?

How Long of a piece Did you order of the -4 ?

rdyoungdds

Established Member
Very nice CTPerformance. How and which side of the trunk did you guys mount the bottle?

I use a clip to secure the front of the bag to a metal support under the rear dash. It seams to work well holding the bag/bottle in place when in use.
It easily unclips when I want to remove it from the trunk.

CharlieR

Established Member
Charlie with the 100 shot did u add any race gas for the track?
No. Just 93 so far.

I too have the JMS dry N2O kit.
I did the install myself. It went in fairly easily in about 2-3 hours.
I had the same problem as you with the plastic nitrous line breaking every time I tried to use it. I was never able to complete a 1/4 mile run without it breaking. I eventually solved that problem by replacing the plastic line with a 4-an braided steel line from dynotunenitrous.com.
The JMS system has worked flawllessly ever since.

My best times with the 100-shot n20 system and a set of 305/45/18 MT drag radials are 11.6's @ 124mph. My 60' times are right at 2.0 seconds.
I'm sure I could improve both 60' and 1/4 times with shorter drag radials. These were free from a buddy of mine, but are 28.8" tall. They hook great but are effectively reducing my gear ratio. A set of 305/35/18's would effectively give me 9% shorter gearing. While I'm dreaming I'd also like to get a cirlce-d converter! I think those changes would be enough to get me into the 10's.
Circle D FTW! :)

It would break right near the ferrul closest to the solenoid. I would snip off the broken piece and put a new ferrul on, but it would just burst again on the next run.
Switching to braided steel has allows it to work flawlessly. They should come from JMS with a braided steel line.
That sucks. I've had no issues with the line, but I don't have the "bulk line". I have 1/4 inch plastic line. (truck air line) Think you'll have 3/16 line and 3/16 airline is used in dash in macks and internationals so "good" line is available. Also if you have a Truck Pro local to ya they will have "good" 3/16 line.

CharlieR

Established Member
I found some good firestone red line should I get 1/4 or 3/16?
Yours most likely has 3/16 line but if you wanted 1/4 you'd need to change the fitting on the solenoid. I don't believe @ our level the size difference matters.

Anyone know which plugs work best on nitrous?
That down there.

NGK stock# 6510, which is LTR7IX-11
I got new ones my 1st set were gapped @ .050, new are .038 a difference you can see. :)

CharlieR

Established Member
I have a question: What's the procedure for adding race gas in these split tanks anyway? Before I'd add the gas then run(Idle) the car for a minuet or 5 and by then the fuel in the line was "mixed". but with the split tank how long/far do ya need to run/drive it?

rdyoungdds

Established Member
No. Just 93 so far.

Circle D FTW! :)

That sucks. I've had no issues with the line, but I don't have the "bulk line". I have 1/4 inch plastic line. (truck air line) Think you'll have 3/16 line and 3/16 airline is used in dash in macks and internationals so "good" line is available. Also if you have a Truck Pro local to ya they will have "good" 3/16 line.

Sorry to go off topic, but I have some questions for you regarding your circle D torque converter. I'm considering going with this and/or 3.73 gears to try to get into the 10's with my JMS system.

How much did it cost to install?
How is it for daily driving?
Did your MPG change much?

CharlieR

Established Member
Sorry to go off topic, but I have some questions for you regarding your circle D torque converter. I'm considering going with this and/or 3.73 gears to try to get into the 10's with my JMS system.

How much did it cost to install?
How is it for daily driving?
Did your MPG change much?
I went "off topic" 1st. :)

It's been almost 2 years but I believe it was 4 or 5 hours for the converter install + fluid.

I have a 3600-3800 stall and it's really hardly noticeable, some say it's tune related but I doubt any of the reputable tuners who can tune your car would have any issue with getting the converter set. :)

It did drop some but not too bad(less than 1 mpg if I remember), but converter :rockon: is worth it if you plan on going to the track. :)

CGSB

Established Member

Its my wife car...its mounted on the drivers side. It's bolted into the trunk on bottle heater bracket. Its a pretty sick kit...I am highly impressed, this is coming from her husband that has a 600+ rwhp 10sec 5.0.

NoSlo5oH

Established Member
Its my wife car...its mounted on the drivers side. It's bolted into the trunk on bottle heater bracket. Its a pretty sick kit...I am highly impressed, this is coming from her husband that has a 600+ rwhp 10sec 5.0.

Any really good pics of how the bottle is installed? Did you guys have the shop fabricate a bottle mounting plate? I am almost done installing a custom Nitrous Outlet kit on my 2013 GT. I will be using a 15# nitrous bottle with a NANO 3000 kit. My car has the Shaker Pro stereo, so I will have to mount the bottles on the left side too. I have talked to Nitrous Outlet about fabricating a bottle mounting plate and they said they would look into it. So close, but yet so far away from completing this install. Hopefully it won't take too much longer.

image_zps7bea47df.jpg

image_zps88b9c17b.jpg

image_zpsd70a3c25.jpg

image_zps5c13bf58.jpg

image_zps143aff1c.jpg

image_zps2d71eb16.jpg

image_zpsa4da302d.jpg

image_zps5423f3d1.jpg

image_zps6e7f753d.jpg

image_zps6d2ea38a.jpg

image_zps0fdc3480.jpg

image_zpsc5f523cf.jpg