nitrous on stock engine

redrum12

Established Member
What are safe hp numbers on a stock internal 2012 gt I have heard a lot of different numbers just wasn't sure. I was thinking of running a 100 shot what are ur thoughts on this

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
I see your new with your 4 posts.
people get real pissy around here for not searching for answers.
(blazer)
100 wet shot all day long. keep it under 175-200. unless you want a new engine sooner than later

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
I see your new with your 4 posts.
people get real pissy around here for not searching for answers.
(blazer)
100 wet shot all day long. keep it under 175-200. unless you want a new engine sooner than later

What's there to get pissy about? He asked a legit question.

OP, You should contact a tuner and talk to them about your goals and expectation and see what information they have for you.

-Thomas

125oh

Established Member
A wet 100 shot should be no problem . With a good tune ,colder plugs for cheap insurance

turbosha

Established Member
What's there to get pissy about? He asked a legit question.

OP, You should contact a tuner and talk to them about your goals and expectation and see what information they have for you.

-Thomas
<TABLE id=post13428687 class=tborder cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 width=175>Blazer707<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_13428687", true); </SCRIPT>
Master Ford Tech

4.27 per day
Trader Rating: (5)

</TD><TD id=td_post_13428687 class=alt1 sizcache="2" sizset="69">Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset">Originally Posted by turbosha
what is the best kit?
nitrous express?
nitrous outlet?
zex?

the hard line kit from N. outlet seems to be the newest technology,
but the n express kit has integrated solenoids.
what about tuners??

bbr
AED
American Muscle

what if I want to use my 2 step and a tps switch? I floor the gas pedal to set launch rpm , but I don't want the nitrous to shot yet????
so many question and my bonus is getting closer.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Everything you asked has multiple threads on the same topics.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
125-150 shot should be safe with a good tune and if you can get injectors and e85 it would be even better.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
What are safe hp numbers on a stock internal 2012 gt I have heard a lot of different numbers just wasn't sure. I was thinking of running a 100 shot what are ur thoughts on this

<TABLE id=post13428687 class=tborder cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 width=175>Blazer707<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_13428687", true); </SCRIPT>
Master Ford Tech

4.27 per day
Trader Rating: (5)

</TD><TD id=td_post_13428687 class=alt1 sizcache="2" sizset="69">Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset">Originally Posted by turbosha
what is the best kit?
nitrous express?
nitrous outlet?
zex?

the hard line kit from N. outlet seems to be the newest technology,
but the n express kit has integrated solenoids.
what about tuners??

bbr
AED
American Muscle

what if I want to use my 2 step and a tps switch? I floor the gas pedal to set launch rpm , but I don't want the nitrous to shot yet????
so many question and my bonus is getting closer.

Everything you asked has multiple threads on the same topics.

Huh that's weird, he asked if 100HP shot was safe for stock internals.

You did NOT ask that in your thread, you asked what tuner and what kit. Which has been discussed in multiple threads.

-Thomas

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
100 Wet will be extremely safe with a good tune, With colder plugs and E85 that car will be safe and make some more power with the E85.

-Thomas

Tony_GT_14

Established Member
I was thinking of going with a 100 shot after doing LT's to finish off the power mods.

Would you need anything besides a tune for it to be safe?

How much damage is done when you use it, if any?

Not trying to hijack the thread, just figured another one would be overkill. lol

:beer:

CharlieR

Established Member
Nitrous does no "damage" when you use it. There is increased wear due to increased power but it is not damaging your engine any more than a blower or any other power increase.
I think most N2O kits have what you need(I always recommend a window switch be used).

I've been "spraying" my car since Febuary of 2011 it's still going strong.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
It's all in the tune. Go with a reputable nitrous tuner and you should be good for a long time with the 100 shot. Tuning these cars on nitrous is like no other car in the world so make sure you pick someone who knows what they're doing.

NitrousExpress

Established Member
100 shot, 93 octane, 1 step colder plugs on a factory tune. BBR can get you set up with a nitrous tune, and that will allow you to spray more than that, safely. Call me if you have any questions, 940-767-7694, or contact Steve at BBR, 561-417-5555.

Thanks buddy.
Garrett

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
100 shot, 93 octane, 1 step colder plugs on a factory tune. BBR can get you set up with a nitrous tune, and that will allow you to spray more than that, safely. Call me if you have any questions, 940-767-7694, or contact Steve at BBR, 561-417-5555.

Thanks buddy.
Garrett

x2 :beer:

turbosha

Established Member

Thanks buddy.
Garrett
the way I read it 100 shot, good gas, 1 step colder plugs factory tune.
bbr can write a tune IF you want more than that.

Users who are viewing this thread