Nitrous on a 2007 Shelby?

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
My friend's selling his full zex blackout nitrous kit setup. I'm really wanting to do it instead of the meth, but IDK....I is scared.

Evo used a 75 shot btw.
Evolution Performance - First 2007 Shelby GT500 In The 9's! - YouTube

I added before in my posts that on MY 04 Cobra nitrous did not touch my IAT2's or downstreams at all. Back to back cooled down passes on the same day and they stayed the exact same. Same goes for Jake (BADASS03SVT) in that he sees no changes either while spraying. It's a wives tail for our cars and I would not put it on the car for cooling at all.:beer:

Some people plumb nitrous before the MAF sensor so that it can compensate for more air being pushed though. I also believe sct tuner has different maps for nitrous so the tuner can switch back and forth for it, but I am not a tuner so I am not sure.
As far as fuel goes if you are at close to full compacity you can spray a wet system with a fuel nozzle and that will add more fuel when you spray. They also have separate kits that have a small fuel cell you can fill with C16 race gas and spray race gas with the nitrous to prevent knock.

From what I've seen over the years 50hp is about max pre maf meter. Most like has been mentioned plumb it into the elbow or plenum.

A wet nitrous kit gets it fuel delivery from a fuel solenoid with taps into the factory fuel rail or test port.

A dry kit senses the need for fuel from a vacuum accuated valve or direct from a tune with a higher fuel table/map to compensate for the added nitrous.

With only a 50-100 shot the Nano system would be over kill in my eyes.

Why when you can use the entire bottle and there is no bottle heater at all? I run it and absolutely love it. Costs me $5.23 to fill my 3000psi NANO bottle. Granted you gotta fill the NANO bottle with every new fill but you can find places to fill them pretty easily if you have a Scuba place, indoor shotting range, or a paint ball supplies store fairly local. I drive a whole lot further to have the nitrous bottle filled.

04svtsnke

Established Member
If you run your nitrous tune all the time you'll be fine. It'll have a little lees power because the timig will be slightly retarded but it's a easy way to go if you don't wanna download a tune everytime forthe nitrous.

Users who are viewing this thread