Nitrous Nitrous Nitrous... What about METH?!

03SVTKB

Established Member
I have been hearing a lot of stuff about nitrous in terminator talk lately.

What about Methanol injection?? :shrug:

What are the pros and cons?

Thanks guys :beer:

04Sonic

Established Member
It really does little pre blower for our cars, it works well after the blower to cool Iat2's so most like Nos better.

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
Nitrous is way more effective no doubt. Meth to me is a waste of time, I would only use it as an extra security blanket. I would never rely on it to keep my motor in one piece, so I would rather not have it at all and just run a safe tune. It's easy to make big power on these cars without it anyway.

MaximumVelocity

Mod motor convert
Established Member
Nitrous is a power adder, MeOH is not. Methanol's (or an MeOH/H20 mix) properties cool the intake charge increasing density somewhat and allowing more aggressive timing.

03snakeminated

Established Member
I wouldn't use it, (that's just me)for the money you're going to spend in a complete kit with all the failsafes and gadgets, I would do one of the following
1: small shot of nitrous (cools down the iat's and add power)
2: buy the killer chiller.
I would remotely consider it in a centri/turbo car if that...

03_SVT_COBRA

Established Member
I have it and it works AMAZING.. i dont know what you guys are talking about itd not worth it? My IAT2 gets LOWER as the rpm goes up. I have the snow performance stage 2 with duel jets after the blower in the lower intake. Cheep to refill! I can run almost 23 degrees of timming SAFELY. with the meth it also adds .5 to your a/f.

If you tune for it its worth it. just dont run it hard with out it. the computer will change it anyways but only so much.

ITS NOT ILLEGAL!!! lol

03SVTKB

Established Member
Yeah i heard that its quite effective only if ran after the intercooler, i supposed in the lower intake as ^ has.

Users who are viewing this thread