Nitrous help

DerekDTP!

Established Member
I have a single nozzle kit, runnin a 100 shot, about to put a new nitrous solenoid in due to this issue. Car seems to hesitate when spraying not really hitting hard, barely pulling a bolt on coyote but I'm curious, would the way the bottle is mounted affect the initial hit? Bottle is mounted in my spare tire well sitting almost completely horizontal so it is hidden, would this play a role in the nitrous not properly hitting? Any help would be cool, thanks.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
I have a single nozzle kit, runnin a 100 shot, about to put a new nitrous solenoid in due to this issue. Car seems to hesitate when spraying not really hitting hard, barely pulling a bolt on coyote but I'm curious, would the way the bottle is mounted affect the initial hit? Bottle is mounted in my spare tire well sitting almost completely horizontal so it is hidden, would this play a role in the nitrous not properly hitting? Any help would be cool, thanks.

What is the bottle pressure at? Did you swap plugs? What load are you seeing on a log? hows the tune? Seem's like a lot more factors to question on this.

NitrousExpress

Established Member
What is the bottle pressure at? Did you swap plugs? What load are you seeing on a log? hows the tune? Seem's like a lot more factors to question on this.

What he said.... :rolling:

The bottle should be mounted facing with the valve forwards, nipple facing down. There is a siphon tube in the bottle that picks up liquid nitrous, it faces downward in the direction the nipple faces. You need to orient the bottle like that. You can mount it sideways, but the nipple needs to be facing about 45* towards the front of the car.

Your tuneup is very important in making the car run right also, awaiting your reply. If you call me, we can probably get this sorted out a little bit quicker.

-Garrett

Last edited:

DerekDTP!

Established Member
step colder plugs, bottle pressure about 1000psi, tune is on point, already been to Tony at Tuners inc. on the Dyno, and you can see it break up, car runs smooth as can be on motor.

NitrousExpress

Established Member
Is it a plate or a nozzle? Check the filter fitting on the inlet side of the nitrous solenoid. There is a little screen pressed down in the fitting itself. This can get clogged pretty easily with debris from the mother bottles. Also check and make sure the feedline has no kinks or anything. If it is going super rich its normally some kind of flow problem on the nitrous side.

-Garrett

ebrow21

Established Member
When I had nitrous on my car I encountered a similar problem. Ran high 10's on a 75 shot, uploaded/logged a tune on a 100 shot. Car ran ok (no hiccups, CEL, detonation), but it slowed down a few tenths. After troubleshooting some, I updated firmware on tuner/reuploaded the same tune. It fixed my particular issue, and the lost mph was regained.

The bottle in my car was mounted as NX instructed.

Users who are viewing this thread