Nitrous guys, quick question

hitmix300

Established Member
It will work but it's not progressive. With that in mind I wouldn't hesitate to jump on a good deal.

NoSlo5oH

Established Member
Get the window switch or a progressive controller and let the electronics do the work for you, so you can concentrate on hitting the gears correctly.

125oh

Established Member
I would run a window switch on a manual . I should work but it doesn't look like it's a wot switch also .are you gonna activate the nitrous with a mechanical switch down on the pedal ?

125oh

Established Member
I don't have any advice on the mech switch on the pedal . As I run a wot/ window switch made by nos . You might check into one I think they are only around 150 , and it will do it all

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
A window switch just completes a circuit(in this case your nitrous master arm relay) in a user-defined rpm window.

You'll still need a way to activate the system once it has been armed. You can either use a WOT microswitch(my favorite) or use a TPS box that reads the voltage at the throttle body and activates the system once the proper voltage is shown.

Depending on shot size, a progressive isn't really necessary. I put one on my 200 shot corvette to keep the driveline in check but didn't bother with one on the mustang.

Good luck!

5.0jake

Established Member
If you already are running a tune and want to tune for nitrous, do you have to have a separate tune for nitrous or can you modify your current tune.

Last edited:

5.0jake

Established Member
People usually have two different tunes.

-Garrett

That is what I figured and makes sense.
Can you run around with the nitrous tune for your daily even when you aren't necessarily using the nitrous everyday or would you have to switch the nitrous tune in every time right before your run nitrous?

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
That is what I figured and makes sense.
Can you run around with the nitrous tune for your daily even when you aren't necessarily using the nitrous everyday or would you have to switch the nitrous tune in every time right before your run nitrous?

You can run the nitrous tune all the time. At wot is when it will loose some power without the nitrous but regular part throttle driving should be no difference.

Jenkins

Established Member
You can run the nitrous tune all the time. At wot is when it will loose some power without the nitrous but regular part throttle driving should be no difference.

My tuner strongly disagrees with that. He recommends you put the nitrous tune to spray and then go back to standard tune.

5.0jake

Established Member
My tuner strongly disagrees with that. He recommends you put the nitrous tune to spray and then go back to standard tune.

So which is it??:shrug:

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
You can drive with it without issues. I drive with mine like that all the time. Only difference is lack of power at WOT and I burn fuel quicker and by that I mean 1-2mpg less. I have gone a full month on our nitrous tune without issues.

I would run 2 different though and you have the option to go back and forth.

Users who are viewing this thread